User Manual for Wooden Camera Sony F55 F5 Unified Accessory Kit Click to enlarge the picture
Contents of the user manual for the Wooden Camera Sony F55 F5 Unified
- Product category: Camcorder Supports & Rigs Wooden Camera
- Brand: Wooden Camera
- Description and content of package
- Technical information and basic settings
- Frequently asked questions – FAQ
- Troubleshooting (does not switch on, does not respond, error message, what do I do if...)
- Authorized service for Wooden Camera Camcorder Supports & Rigs
User manual for the Wooden Camera Sony F55 F5 Unified contain basic instructions
that need to be followed during installation and operation.
Before starting your appliance, the user manual should be read through carefully.
Follow all the safety instructions and warnings, and be guided by the given recommendations.
User manual is an integral part of any Wooden Camera product,
and if it is sold or transferred, they should be handed over jointly with the product.
Following the instructions for use is an essential prerequisite for protecting
health and property during use, as well as recognition of liability on the part of the manufacturer
for possible defects should you make a warranty claim. Download an official Wooden Camera user manual in which you will find instructions on how to install, use, maintain and service your product.
And do not forget – unsuitable use of a Wooden Camera product will considerably shorten its lifespan!
Product description The Sony F55/F5 Unified Accessory Kit (Pro) from Wooden Camera is a camera support kit designed for the Sony F55 & F5 Cameras and utilizes the Unified Baseplate System. The kit includes the Top Plate, Unified Baseplate, two 15mm Rods (18”), Safety Dovetail (12”), Sony F55/F5 Cable Protector, Sony UHF Mount (No Clamp), NATO Cheese Handle kit (70mm), 15mm Rod Clamp, and Battery Slide.The top plate is a camera cheese plate for secure accessory attachment, while the unified baseplate is a quick-release camera baseplate for holding the two included 18” long 15mm rods at the correct lens height. The top cheese handle is a bolt-on top handle that attaches to the top plate for secure camera carrying. The UVF Mount holds the Sony DVF-EL100 0.7" OLED and DVF-L350 3.5" LCD Viewfinder.The Sony F55/F5 Cable Protector provides EVF cable protection, and the 12” long safety dovetail interfaces with the ARRI dovetail slot on the bottom of the unified baseplate. The NATO handle kit (Plus, 70mm) is a quick-release top handle that attaches to the top plate and multiple mounting points for accessories. The 15mm rod clamp and battery slide together attach V-mount (XLR-RA, 4-Pin) and Gold mount (XLR-RA, 4-Pin) battery plates (battery plates not included).
In the Box Bundle Items Top Plate for Sony F55 & F5 Cameras swxfsxwcyfsbse
- Top Plate for Sony F55 & F5 Cameras The Wooden Camera Top Plate is a top cheeseplate for the Sony F55 and F5 Cameras that contours to the shape of the camera body and leaves the vent area open. Hence, the original Sony focus hook can remain attached to the camera. The stopper screw in the front prevents accidental unlocking of the FZ mount. The plate provides rows of 1/4"-20 and 3/8"-16 holes for attaching handles, UVF Mount v2, rod clamps, and more. Additional screw holes allow attachment of the original Sony F55 handle.
- 1/4" threads in standard spacing (9mm center to center)
- 3/8" threads in ARRI standard spacing (50mm center to center)
- Unified Baseplate for URSA Mini, F55, F5 The Wooden Camera Unified Baseplate supports 15mm LWS rods at the correct lens height, and offers a vertical 15mm rod port for incorporating the optional Unified Lens Adapter Kit. This Kit allows you to support different lens adapters from Wooden Camera, Metabones, and other brands.
The Baseplate includes the Core Unit, a Lower Quick Dovetail tripod plate on the bottom, and a Dovetail Camera Plate for the Blackmagic URSA Mini and Sony F55/F5. Other Unified Baseplate Dovetail Plates are also supported, allowing for quick swaps with a variety of cameras.
The Baseplate provides two quick release options. You can remove the Dovetail Camera Plate only and leave the Core Unit with your rod pair behind, or you can remove the Core Unit from the Lower Quick Dovetail, in which case you'll have a dovetail on the bottom of the Core Unit that's compatible with any 2060 Dovetail, Safety Dovetail, or Shoulder Rig.
The Dovetail Camera Plate features a long slot along its center that lets you secure it to the camera with multiple screws (included), which can be set up to 2.8" (70mm) apart. It also has a non-slip rubber surface that will prevent the camera from twisting.
The Dovetail Camera Plate has an ARCA Swiss standard dovetail compatible with many third-party products. It also has threaded 1/4"-20 threaded holes on the bottom for attaching to gimbals or other compatible tripod plates. The Lower Quick Dovetail has 1/4"-20 and 3/8"-16 threaded holes for attaching to tripod plates or ARRI standard bridgeplates, such as the Wooden Camera Unified Bridgeplates.
The Unified Baseplate can also be upgraded for VCT-14 compatible mounting options. Simply attach it to the optional Unified VCT Wedge Plate, which can then be mounted on the Unified VCT-14 Tripod Plate, also sold separately. The Unified Baseplate is backward compatible with Wooden Camera's original Quick Dovetails (Standard, DSLR, and Large).
- Key Features
- Supports 15mm LWS rods at the correct lens height
- Offers a vertical 15mm rod port for incorporating the optional Unified Lens Adapter Kit (for lens adapter support)
- Includes the Core Unit, Lower Quick Dovetail tripod plate, and Dovetail Camera Plate
- Two quick release options—remove Core Unit or remove Dovetail Camera Plate
- Core Unit features a dovetail on the bottom, compatible with any 2060 Dovetail, Safety Dovetail, or Shoulder Rig
- Dovetail Camera Plate features an ARCA Swiss standard dovetail and threaded holes for attaching to gimbals or other compatible tripods plates
- Lower Quick Dovetail offers threaded holes for attaching to tripod plates or ARRI standard bridgeplates
- Long slot along the center allows multiple screws to be attached to the camera, set up to 2.8" (70mm) apart
- Anti-twist, non-slip rubber surface
- Upgradable for VCT-14 compatible mounting options
- Additional Lower Quick Dovetail and Dovetail Camera Plates can be purchased for quick swap capability
- Backward compatible with original Wooden Camera Quick Dovetail
- Safety Dovetail Plate (12") The 12" Safety Dovetail Plate from Wooden Camera is an ARRI standard dovetail with a stopper screw on one end and a safety latch on the other to prevent accidental camera detachment. It features threaded 1/4-20 and 3/8-16 holes for accessory mounting and tripod attachment. The dovetail can be attached to a shoulder pad for custom handheld configurations. UPC: 610079105492
- 15mm Support Rod (18") This is a single, 18" long 15mm Support Rod from Wooden Camera for mounting accessories. It is chamfered at each end to ease sliding accessories on and off, and has a hollow interior providing for maximum strength. UPC: 610079106147
- Sony F55/F5 EVF Cable Protector Install the Wooden Camera Sony F55/F5 Cable Protector to protect your camera's delicate EVF cable from being bumped while it is plugged in. While the metal surround protects the cable, it does not impede the cable release levers, so you can still easily detach the cable when necessary. Included with the cable protector are screws for attaching the protector with or without a top plate installed on your camera. UPC: 702534251711
- NATO Handle Kit (Plus, 70mm Rail) This Wooden Camera NATO Handle Kit, consisting of a quick release top handle and 2.8" / 70mm NATO rail, offers a variety of mounting points for attaching viewfinders, focus motors, lights, shock mounts, and other accessories.
The handle features a sideways 15mm rod port, 15mm rod opening in front, 19mm rod opening in the rear, shoe mount, and 1/4"-20 and 3/8"-16 mounting threads all around. The sideways 15mm rod port is ideal for attaching Wooden Camera's UVF Mount or other viewfinder mounts. Two 1/4"-20 socket screws are included for binding rods in the front and rear rod openings.
The NATO rail can be attached to any two 1/4"-20 threads positioned up to 42mm apart, such as on a cage or select cameras. The handle conveniently slides on and off and secures in place by a lever. A rotating knob on top allows the handle to be adjusted sideways or reversed to the rear by a rosette-like mechanism.
- NATO Quick Release
- The handle features an integrated NATO rail clamp that lets you slide onto any NATO compatible rail, not just the included one.
- Rosette Based Rotating Grip
- The handle position can be adjusted by loosening the top screw, rotating it into the desired position, and then re-tightening the top screw. This gives you a level of versatility you typically don't find in top handles.
- Sideways 15mm Rod Clamp
- The side rod opening lets you attach a 15mm rod perpendicular to your camera, great for attaching an optional monitor/EVF support bracket such as Wooden Camera's UVF Mount v2. A thumbscrew secures the rod in place.
- Front/Rear Rod Openings
- A forward facing 15mm rod opening and 19mm rear rod opening are available for attaching optional single rods, which can be used for mounting accessories such as focus motors. A pair of 1/4"-20 set screws are included to secure the rods in place via the threaded holes along the sides of the grip area.
- Integrated Cold Shoe
- A cold shoe built into the top of the handle lets you add on-camera lights, microphone shock mounts, or other shoe mount accessories.
- Accessory Threads
- 1/4"-20 and 3/8"-16 threaded holes along the grip area of the handle are provided for attaching additional accessories.
- Optional Front Rod Clamp
- Two 1/4"-20 thread holes on the front of the handle let you attach an optional 15mm or 19mm rod clamp to the base of the handle.
- UVF Mount for Sony F55/F5 (No Clamp) The Wooden Camera UVF Mount for Sony F55/F5 replaces the original Sony EVF bracket and accepts the Sony DVF-EL100 0.7" OLED or DVF-L350 3.5" LCD Viewfinder directly. It is similar to the UVF v2 Mount for Sony F55/F5 but doesn't include a 15mm rod clamp. Instead, it is designed to be used with top handles or other on-camera hardware that have a rod clamp built-in. It features a NATO rail kit, UVF v2 sled, and Sony viewfinder adapter that combine to offer tilt, horizontal, and vertical adjustments for positioning your EVF or monitor.
The NATO rail kit consists of a 15mm rod with a 4" NATO rail attached. The rod portion slots into a sideways-oriented rod clamp on your top handle or rig, allowing for tilt and distance adjustment. The included UVF v2 sled slides onto the NATO rail, securing into place using a thumbscrew, and provides attachment points for the Sony viewfinder adapter. The sled can also attach to any NATO-standard rail. A safety pin at the end of the NATO rail prevents the mounting bracket, and your viewfinder, from accidentally sliding off of the rail.
- UVF Mount without 15mm rod clamp
- Replaces original Sony F55/F5 EVF bracket
- Use with top handles or rigs with a built-in sideways-oriented 15mm rod clamp
- Sony adapter compatible with DVF-EL100 and DVF-L350 viewfinders
- Tension thumbscrew to adjust tilt
- NATO rail kit with 15mm rod and 4" NATO rail
- UVF v2 sled attaches to any NATO compatible rail
- Safety pin prevents accidental removal
- Quick installation and removal
- Screws and Allen wrenches included
- 15mm Rod Clamp The Wooden Camera 15mm Rod Clamp attaches to 15mm rods to add 1/4"-20 screw-holes to your camera rig. Among the variety of accessories that can be mounted to these screw-holes is Wooden Camera's QB Battery Back Plate. This plate comes in different versions, each designed to have a different type of battery plate and ultimately battery attached to it. With these attached, the QB Battery Back Plate can be mounted right onto the screw-holes of the Rod Clamp. The ability to attach so is especially useful when you have no way of mounting a battery directly onto your camera and as an alternative are looking for a way to get the battery near the camera (so you can connect the two). UPC: 610079106260
- Battery Slide The Battery Slide from Wooden Camera is an adjustable mounting system for V-Mount, Gold Mount, QRC Gold Mount, and RED/BLUESHAPE battery plates. Multiple rows of pass-through holes allow the attachment of rod clamps, cheese plates, and other accessories.
In order to adjust the plate's position, the user only needs to apply firm pressure to tilt it into place. Sliding the plate into position is facilitated by an adjustable thumbscrew. Both these movements make the plate ideal for adjusting counterbalance and transitioning from studio to handheld position. UPC: 610079106451
Unified Baseplate for URSA Mini, F55, F5
- 1/4" to 20 x 3/8" Socket Cap Screw
- Unified Baseplate Core Unit (No Dovetails)
- Unified Baseplate Camera Dovetail Plate for URSA Mini, F5, F55
Safety Dovetail Plate (12") 2 x 15mm Support Rod (18") Sony F55/F5 EVF Cable Protector
- Unified Baseplate Lower Quick Dovetail
NATO Handle Kit (Plus, 70mm Rail) UVF Mount for Sony F55/F5 (No Clamp)
- 4 x 1/4"-20 x 5/8 Socket Cap Screws
- Alpha Adapter for Single 1/4"-20 Screw Hole
- 2 x #6-32 x 1/2" Flat Head Screw
15mm Rod Clamp
- 1/4"-20 x 1/4" Socket Cap Screw
- 2 x 1/4"-20 x 1/4" Screws
Battery Slide swxfsxwcyfsbse
- 2 x 1/4"-20 x 3/4" Screws
- 2 x 1/4"-20 x 1/4" Socket Cap Screw
- 6 x M3 x 14mm Pan Head Screws
- 4 x M3 x 12mm Pan Head Screws
- 4 x M3 x 8mm Pan Head Screws
Table of Contents
- 4 x M3 x 8mm Phillips Flat Head Screws
Upload User Manual
Have you got an user manual for the Wooden Camera Sony F55 F5 Unified Accessory Kit in electronic form? Please send it to us and help us expand our library of instruction manuals.
Thank you, too, on behalf of other users.
To upload the product manual, we first need to check and make sure you are not a robot. After that, your "Submit Link" or "Upload File" will appear.
- Top Plate for Sony F55 & F5 Cameras
| Box Dimensions (LxWxH) || 7.2 x 3.6 x 0.2" |
- Unified Baseplate for URSA Mini, F55, F5
| Dimensions || 2 x 6 x 6" (5 x 15 x 15 cm) |
| Weight || 0.8 lb (363 g) |
| Box Dimensions (LxWxH) || 5.4 x 5.3 x 1.75" |
- Safety Dovetail Plate (12")
| Dimensions || 12.0 x 2.7 x 0.5" / 30.5 x 6.8 x 1.3 cm |
| Weight || 0.9 lb / 0.4 kg |
| Box Dimensions (LxWxH) || 12.2 x 3.6 x 0.5" |
- 15mm Support Rod (18")
| Rod Size || 15 mm |
| Rod Length || 18" (46 cm) |
| Box Dimensions (LxWxH) || 19.0 x 2.0 x 0.75" |
- Sony F55/F5 EVF Cable Protector
| Dimensions || 1.8 x 1.5 x 2.4" / 45.2 x 38.6 x 60.7 mm |
| Weight || 3 oz / 86 g |
| Box Dimensions (LxWxH) || 3.0 x 3.0 x 1.0" |
- NATO Handle Kit (Plus, 70mm Rail)
| NATO Rail Length || 2.8" / 70 mm |
| Rail Mounting Distance || Up to 1.7" / 42 mm apart |
| Box Dimensions (LxWxH) || 7.75 x 4.3 x 2.25" |
- UVF Mount for Sony F55/F5 (No Clamp)
| NATO Rail Length || 4" (10.16 cm) |
| Box Dimensions (LxWxH) || 8.6 x 6.5 x 2.3" |
- 15mm Rod Clamp
| Dimensions || 4.4 x 1 x .6" (11 x 2.5 x 1.5 cm) |
| Weight || .2 lbs (91 g) |
| Box Dimensions (LxWxH) || 3.0 x 1.95 x 1.0" |
- Battery Slide
| Dimensions || 6.0 x 4.5 x 1.8" (152.4 x 114.3 x 45.7 mm) |
| Weight || 8 oz (226.8 g) |
| Box Dimensions (LxWxH) || 8.7 x 6.4 x 2.3" |
Rating90% users recommend this product to others. And what about you?
This product has already been rated by 73 owners. Add your rating and experience with the product.
Ask our technicians if you have a problem with your settings,
or if anything is unclear in the user manual you have downloaded.
You can make use of our moderated discussion.
The discussion is public and helps other users of our website who may be encountering similar problems.
The discussion is empty - enter the first post
Post a new topic / query / comment:
|Request for user manual
You can’t find the operation manual you are looking for? Let us know and we will try to add the missing manual:
I’m looking for a manual / Request for manual
Current requests for instruction manuals:
RAW AUDIO BLUETOOTH SPEAKER MODEL RW 506 MANUAL...
Brother MFC-J995DW All-In-One Printer...
SSD and Hard Disk Drive Cloning Kit...
Polaroid 14.1 laptop computer...
Latest contributions to the discussion:|
Connecting VRS8 to Mac Pro Tower what cable or connectors to use.
Slate Digital VRS8 8-Channel Interface with
Hi Please let me know the cable and connectors to use the Slate VRS8 with a new 202- Mac Proc Tower.
The Mac Pro has thunderbolt 3.
The VRS8 has Thunderbolt 2
What is needed to connect them?
Please provide links to purchase what is needed to connect and any related do...
Name: Nelson Englis
Carlsbro CSD130 - Compact Electronic Drum
i miss placed my manual...just wanna ask how to increase the volume of crash cymbal...
SSd Sandisk 480.
Name: Donald McAuley
SanDisk 480GB SSD Plus SATA III
Cannot start clone with Acronis True Image. Tools-Clone Disc....clone disc icon sez Western Digital drive required. Will not start Cloning process.....Help. ...
Tokina Macro 100 F2.8 D
Name: Norma Hayward
Tokina 100mm f 2.8 AT-X M100
I have a Nikon D800 (FX Mount). Does this lens work with this camera. I keep getting the fEE error when I try to use it. ...
Mouse Stopped Working
Name: John E
Verbatim Wireless Multimedia Keyboard and 6-Button
I had purchased the Bluetooth Keyboard / Mouse combination. After four months, the mouse stopped working. After installing fresh batteries, the mouse still doesn't work. Is there a way to reset the mouse?...