User Manual for xFold rigs SPY X8 Octocopter Click to enlarge the picture
Contents of the user manual for the xFold rigs SPY X8 Octocopter
- Product category: See All Drones xFold rigs
- Brand: xFold rigs
- Description and content of package
- Technical information and basic settings
- Frequently asked questions – FAQ
- Troubleshooting (does not switch on, does not respond, error message, what do I do if...)
- Authorized service for xFold rigs See All Drones
User manual for the xFold rigs SPY X8 Octocopter contain basic instructions
that need to be followed during installation and operation.
Before starting your appliance, the user manual should be read through carefully.
Follow all the safety instructions and warnings, and be guided by the given recommendations.
User manual is an integral part of any xFold rigs product,
and if it is sold or transferred, they should be handed over jointly with the product.
Following the instructions for use is an essential prerequisite for protecting
health and property during use, as well as recognition of liability on the part of the manufacturer
for possible defects should you make a warranty claim. Download an official xFold rigs user manual in which you will find instructions on how to install, use, maintain and service your product.
And do not forget – unsuitable use of a xFold rigs product will considerably shorten its lifespan!
Product description Aerial Photography and Drone Glossary Read More The SPY X8 U3 RTF Octocopter from xFold is designed to be a compact, portable solution for aerial videographers shooting with a GoPro or similar action camera. The aircraft's X8 configuration allows it to provide lift and better performance than quad- and even hexa-rotor alternatives. With its included 3-axis brushless gimbal, 5.8 GHz video transmitter (downlink), and 7" FPV monitor, the operator is able to acquire professional level results without hauling bulky equipment around. Once filming is done for the day, the SPY folds down to a 13.5 x 8.7" footprint for easy transport.
In addition to the gimbal and video downlink, this ready-to-fly (RTF) bundle features a 14-channel xFold/Futaba transmitter (radio controller), two flight batteries, and a hardshell travel case.
- Toray 3k Weave Carbon Fiber Frame
- The main airframe is constructed from carbon fiber to take advantage of the material's high strength-to-weight ratio. 3k-width weave is the same weave commonly found on bicycle frames, as it is strong while still providing a degree of flexibility
Gimbal Stabilizer and Video Downlink
- 3-Axis Gimbal for GoPro / Action Camera
- The included gimbal is compatible with a GoPro or similar-style action camera weighing up to 14 ounces. The gimbal provides image stabilization while helping isolate the camera from vibration caused by the motors. Its three axes keep the camera horizontally and vertically level while still allowing the camera to pan left and right
- 5.8 GHz Video Downlink
- A 5.8 GHz analog video transmitter is included to beam a live image back to the ground end. For the ground-end, a 32-channel dual diversity receiver is included for connection to a separately available filed monitor if FPV glasses. It can also be used with a wide range of radio-equipped wireless field monitors and FPV receivers that support 5.8 GHz analog
- 7" FPV Monitor with IPS Panel
- To monitor a live feed from the camera, a 7" field monitor is with 32-channel dual diversity receiver is included
DJI Naza-M V2 Flight Controller with GPS
- Supports DJI Ground Station
- By adding the separately available Bluetooth Datalink to the flight control system, you can plot waypoint-based autopilot courses using an iPad app or Windows software
- Software-Based Aircraft Stabilization
- The system works with or without GPS and helps keep the aircraft stable and on course by taking data from gyros and other sensors and apply it to any pilot inputs. Naza-M V2 features GPS course correction plus GPS and compass interference monitoring, which combine to prevent the aircraft drifting off course do to magnetic interference that may throw off the compass (the GPS must be enabled and properly calibrated for this feature to work)
- Takeoff Assistance
- Helps ensure a stable, drift-free take off even on uneven surfaces
- Intelligent Orientation Control (IOC)
- Because multi-rotors are virtually symmetrical, it can be easy to lose track of which end is the "front". IOC features two modes to help make flying more intuitive:
- Core Lock: "Forward" is always the same as the direction the nose was pointing when the aircraft first took-off, regardless of the actual orientation of the aircraft
- Home Lock: "Forward" is always away from the origin defined by the Home Point that was established during GPS calibration. In other words, "forward" will be away from the Home Point (pilot) and "back" always toward the Home Point. Moving the stick right or left will cause the aircraft to follow a circular path around the Home Point
- Motor-Failure Protection
- If a hexa-rotor or octo-rotor equipped with a Naza-M V2 suffers a single motor failure in flight while in attitude or GPS mode, it will maintain its altitude and rotate around the stopped motor. This allows it to fly safely back to home and land
Note: This feature does not work for quadcopters
- Failsafe and Auto Go Home Support
- If the connection between the multi-rotor and the remote control (transmitter) are disconnected during flight, a failsafe system will activate. Provided there was enough GPS signal at the time of the disconnection, the multi-rotor will fly back to its point of takeoff and land automatically. This feature can also be triggered manually using the One-Key Go-Home function activated using Assistant software
- Assistant Software for Mobile Devices
- Using an iOS mobile device with Bluetooth LE support, parameters can be adjusted at any time the multi-rotor is within range. Connection records are automatically stored by the Bluetooth module and protected by password. Where Internet access is available, parameters can be automatically synchronized to the cloud and restored immediately if you switch to a different mobile device
- Built-in Functions
- Multiple autopilot control modes
- Enhanced fail-safe
- Low voltage protection
- S.Bus receiver support
- PPM receiver support
- Independent PMU module
- 2-axis gimbal support
DJI iOSD Module
UPC: 019962575150 In the Box xFold rigs SPY X8 Octocopter (RTF) xFold / Futaba Commercial 14 Transmitter (Radio Controller) DJI Naza-M V2 Flight Controller iOSD Mini On Screen Display 3-Axis Gimbal for GoPro or Similar Action Camera 7" FPV Monitor with 32-Channel Diversity Receiver 600 mW VTX 5.8 GHz Video Downlink 2 x 3300 mAh LiPo Flight Batteries Hardshell Transport Case Camera in the Sky: Using Drones in Wedding Photography and Videos Peter Ward_1 02/29/2016 Some Good News for Photographers and Filmmakers Who Use Drones Peter Ward_1 02/23/2015 Quick Start Guide PDF 1.3mb Table of Contents
- The included iOSD module superimposes flight telemetry data over the FPV video feed being sent to the ground-end via the 5.8 GHz transmitter. This allows you to keep apprised of vital flight stats, such as remaining battery voltage, speed, and altitude
Upload User Manual
Have you got an user manual for the xFold rigs SPY X8 Octocopter in electronic form? Please send it to us and help us expand our library of instruction manuals.
Thank you, too, on behalf of other users.
To upload the product manual, we first need to check and make sure you are not a robot. After that, your "Submit Link" or "Upload File" will appear.
xFold rigs SPY X8 Specs
| Payload Capacity || 5 lb / 2.3 kg |
| Flight Time || Up to 15 minutes (depending battery capacity and conditions) |
| Model || xFold / Futaba Commercial 14 |
| Frequency || 2.4 GHz |
| Number of Channels || 14 |
| Stick Response || Center sprung |
| Number of Axes || 3 |
| Capacity || 14.1 oz / 400 g |
| Camera Compatibility || GoPro HERO or similar action camera |
| Frequency || 5.8 GHz |
| Transmit Power || 600 mW |
| Size || 7" |
| Power Source || Built-in battery |
| Receiver || Type: Dual diversity Number of Channels: 32 |
| Supported ESC Output || 400 Hz refresh frequency |
| Supported Transmitters || PCM or 2.4 GHz radio with at least 4 channels |
| Working Range || MC: 4.8 to 5.5 V |
VU Input: 7.4 to 26.0 V (2S to 6S LiPo recommended)
Output (V-SEN Port Red Wire): 3 A at 5 V (burst current: 7.5 A)
| Power Consumption || Maximum: 1.5 W (0.3 A at 5 V) |
Normal: 0.6 W (0.12 A at 5 V)
| Operating Temperature || 14 to 122°:F / -10 to 50°C |
| System Requirements || Assistant Software: Windows 8, 7, XP SP3 |
| Hovering Accuracy (GPS Mode) || Vertical: ±2.6' / ±0.8 m |
Horizontal: ±8.2' / ±2.5 m
| Max Angular Speed || 200°/s |
| Max Tilt Angle || 35° |
| Ascent/Descent || Ascent: 19.7 ft/s / 6 m/s |
Descent: 14.8 ft/s / 4.5 m/s
| Weight || MC: 1 oz / 27 g |
PMU: 1 oz / 28 g
GPS: 1 oz / 27 g
LED: 0.5 oz / 13 g
| Dimensions || MC: 1.8 x 1.3 x 1.3" / 45.5 x 32.5 x 18.5 mm |
PMU: 1.6 x 1.1 x 0.4" / 39.5 x 27.5 x 10 mm
GPS & Compass: 1.8 (diameter) x 0.4" / 46 (diameter) x 10 mm
LED: 1 x 1 x 0.3" / 25 x 25 x 7.0 mm
| Model || DJI iOSD Mini |
| Video Format || NTSC |
| Supported Flight Control Systems || WooKong-M |
| Power Requirement || 6 V |
| Working Current || 180 mA at 6 V (typical value) |
| Operating Temperature || -4 to 140 °F / -20 to 60°C |
| Weight || 0.5 oz / 14 g |
| Configuration || Dual battery configuration |
| Chemistry || Lithium-ion polymer (LiPo) |
| Capacity || Supported: 3300 to 3800 mAh (25 to 35C) |
Included: 3300 mAh (per battery)
| Discharge Rate || Supported: 25 to 35C |
| Voltage || Supported: 4S |
| Motor Velocity Constant || 920 Kv |
| ESC || 20 A |
3S / 4S
| Size || Supported: 9 to 12" |
Included: 9 x 4.5"
| Configuration || X8 |
| Dimensions || Flight Configuration: 17.4 x 15.9 x 15" / 44.2 x 40.4 x 38.1 cm |
Folded: 13.5 x 8.7" / 34.3 x 22.1 cm
| Weight || 3.4 lb / 1.5 kg (includes motors, props, flight controller, landing gear) |
| Package Weight || 38.0 lb |
| Box Dimensions (LxWxH) || 29.5 x 20.0 x 14.3" |
Rating50% users recommend this product to others. And what about you?
This product has already been rated by 80 owners. Add your rating and experience with the product.
Ask our technicians if you have a problem with your settings,
or if anything is unclear in the user manual you have downloaded.
You can make use of our moderated discussion.
The discussion is public and helps other users of our website who may be encountering similar problems.
Post new comment to xFold rigs SPY X8 Octocopter
|Subject: Request manual|
|Date: 30.06.2020 17:27:40||Name: Robert Hamman|
|Please provide operation and assembly manual for X-Fold drone.|
Post a new topic / query / comment:
|Request for user manual
You can’t find the operation manual you are looking for? Let us know and we will try to add the missing manual:
I’m looking for a manual / Request for manual
Current requests for instruction manuals:
Eagan tech jump boost v8 air...
What in the world does it take to get this manual??? Camera: Vivitar XX14v2...
Manual for Tourtek gp15a...
taotronics, model TT-BH07....
Barska portable digital keypad safe AX11910...
Latest contributions to the discussion:|
Vfm 055a tv logic monitor signal isaues
TVLogic VFM-055A 5.5" OLED On-Camera Monitor
My tv logic vfm 055a monitor is giving signal issues. Initially ot works well on shoot. But later after 45 mins of use it suddenly leaves the signal leaving the screen blank and then gets it back on. This happens frequently. Cab you plz suggest....
led 's on front of 550
Name: Wayne Mason
Papago GoSafe 550 1296p Dash Camera
What is the difference between the red and blue LED's on the front of my new dashcam there was no instructions for these lights?...
Need copy of Avangard Optics Android Smart Watch
Name: Mary Roman
Avangard Optics Android Smart Watch
Where can I find a copy of the Avangard Optics Smart Watch? I cannot figure out how to download the needed app to make watch work.e...
connect Caldigit TS2 to firewire 800 port of Mac 3.1
Name: Henk Jan Kamerbeek
CalDigit TS2 10-Port Thunderbolt Station 2
If I would connect the Caldigit TS2 to a firewire 800 port of Mac 3.1 early 2008 with an apple firewire 800 to thunderbold 2 connector and a firewire 2 cable, would that work?...
Combination lock no longer works. Unable to get latch to turn. Wondering if there is a waY to reset the combination
Name: Eric Magi
GunVault NanoVault 300 Gun Safe
Combination lock no longer works. Unable to get latch to turn. Wondering if there is a waY to reset the combination...