User Manual for Yamaha A-S501 Integrated Amplifier Click to enlarge the picture
Contents of the user manual for the Yamaha A-S501 Integrated Amplifier
- Product category: Amplifiers Yamaha
- Brand: Yamaha
- Description and content of package
- Technical information and basic settings
- Frequently asked questions – FAQ
- Troubleshooting (does not switch on, does not respond, error message, what do I do if...)
- Authorized service for Yamaha Amplifiers
User manual for the Yamaha A-S501 Integrated Amplifier contain basic instructions
that need to be followed during installation and operation.
Before starting your appliance, the user manual should be read through carefully.
Follow all the safety instructions and warnings, and be guided by the given recommendations.
User manual is an integral part of any Yamaha product,
and if it is sold or transferred, they should be handed over jointly with the product.
Following the instructions for use is an essential prerequisite for protecting
health and property during use, as well as recognition of liability on the part of the manufacturer
for possible defects should you make a warranty claim. Download an official Yamaha user manual in which you will find instructions on how to install, use, maintain and service your product.
And do not forget – unsuitable use of a Yamaha product will considerably shorten its lifespan!
Product description Expand your listening horizons with the silver A-S501 Integrated Amplifier from Yamaha. Featuring up to 100W per channel of RMS power at 6 ohms, this amp is equipped with digital inputs for connecting devices like televisions and Blu-ray/DVD players. It offers dual stereo outputs, giving you the ability to power two sets of speakers in different rooms and switch between them, or have them both playing at the same time. To increase the bass output of your sound system, there's also a terminal for connecting a subwoofer.
To reduce distortion and degradation and produce the cleanest possible sound, the A-S501 employs Pure Direct Mode. Activated via a button on the front of the unit, this mode causes input signals to bypass unused circuits and cuts off those circuits' power supply. To further ensure quality sound, the amplifier's continuously variable loudness control allows you to balance low and high frequency sounds so you can hear a full tonal range at any volume.
This Yamaha amplifier was built with energy efficiency in mind, and uses a power management system to switch itself to idle mode when not in use. The A-S501's internal circuitry mirrors itself symmetrically to produce higher signal purity and lower degradation. The chassis is reinforced with a solid center bar to reduce vibration and features a brushed aluminum front panel and knobs. The system comes with a remote control for easy operation.
- Pure Direct Mode
- The Pure Direct mode causes the music signals to travel the shortest possible circuit route, bypassing the buffer amp and the tone, loudness and balance controls to virtually eliminate any signal degradation for the purest sound quality.
- Continuously Variable Loudness Control
- The A-S501 features an analog loudness control on the front panel, which lets you adjust the loudness effect as desired. Separate from the overall volume, this controls the balance of the low- and high-frequency sounds, providing full tonal range at any volume level, compensating for the natural loss in the human ear of high and low frequencies at soft levels.
- Direct Symmetrical Design
- This amplifier's left and right channels are organized in a straight, symmetrical layout for limiting distortion and increasing signal purity.
- Anti-Resonance Chassis
- The base of the A-S501's chassis is reinforced with a solid center bar to increase rigidity support and vibration damping, which limits resonance.
- Dual System Capable
- You can connect two separate speaker systems in different rooms and switch between them or have them both play at the same time by switching the dial on the front of the unit.
- Phono MM Terminal
- You can connect a turntable with an MM phono cartridge to play vinyl records, allowing you to enjoy records in addition to modern media sources.
- Auto Power Standby Function
- This amplifier puts itself into standby mode when it detects that it hasn't been used in approximately 8 hours, minimizing power consumption.
- Remote Control
- Control your music from afar with the included remote, finished to match the design of the amplifier. The remote comes with batteries and can also be used to control a Yamaha CD player.
- Connection for Bluetooth Wireless Adapter
- With the optional YBA-11 Bluetooth Wireless Adapter, you'll be able to stream music wirelessly from a Bluetooth capable mobile phone or a PC to the network receiver. This amplifier features a DC-out connection on the rear panel to power the adapter.
UPC: 027108948768 In the Box Yamaha A-S501 Integrated Amplifier (Silver) Remote Control 2 x AA Batteries Limited 2-Year Warranty Table of Contents
- Rotary Encoder Input Selector
- The rotary encoder makes it quick and easy to select input sources, and the LEDs clearly show which source is selected so you can easily switch between them, even in a dark room.
Upload User Manual
Have you got an user manual for the Yamaha A-S501 Integrated Amplifier in electronic form? Please send it to us and help us expand our library of instruction manuals.
Thank you, too, on behalf of other users.
To upload the product manual, we first need to check and make sure you are not a robot. After that, your "Submit Link" or "Upload File" will appear.
Yamaha A-S501 Specs
| RMS Output Power || 6 Ohms, 20 Hz to 20 kHz, 0.038% THD: 100 W + 100 W |
8 Ohms, 20 Hz to 20 kHz, 0.019% THD: 85 W + 85 W
| Dynamic Power per Channel || 8 Ohms: 130 W |
6 Ohms: 150 W
4 Ohms: 185 W
2 Ohms: 220 W
| Power Bandwidth || 0.04% THD, 42.5 W, 8 Ohms: 10 Hz to 50 kHz |
| Damping Factor || 1 kHz, 8 Ohms: ≥240 |
| Input Sensitivity/Impedance || Phono (MM): 3.0 mV / 47 kOhms |
CD, etc.: 200 mV / 47 kOhms
| Maximum Input Voltage || Phono (MM) (1 kHz, 0.03% THD): ≥45 mV |
CD, etc. (1 kHz, 0.5% THD): ≥2.2 V
| Output Level and Impedance || Rec Out: ≤200 mV / 1.0 kOhms |
Subwoofer Out (Cut-Off Frequency: 100 Hz): 3.5 V / 1.2 kOhms
| Headphone Output Impedance || CD, etc. (Input 1 kHz, 200 mV, 8 Ohms): 430 mV / 470 ohms |
| Frequency Response || With Pure Direct: 20 Hz to 20 kHz, 0±0.5 dB |
Without Pure Direct: 10 Hz to 100 kHz, 0±1.0 dB
| RIAA Equalization Deviation || ±0.5 dB |
| Total Harmonic Distortion (THD) || Phono (MM) to Rec Out (20 Hz to 20 kHz, 2.5 V) ≤0.03% |
CD, etc. to Speakers (20 Hz to 20 kHz, 45 W, 8 Ohms): ≤0.019%
| Signal-to-Noise Ratio || Phono (MM) (5 mV Input Shorted): ≥82 dB |
CD, etc., with Pure Direct On (200 mV Input Shorted): ≥99 dB
| Residual Noise || 40 μV (IHF-A Network) |
| Channel Separation || CD, etc. (5.1 kOhms Input Shorted, 1 kHz): 65 dB or more |
CD, etc. (5.1 kOhms Input Shorted, 10 kHz): 50 dB or more
| Tone Control || Bass |
Boost/Cut (20 Hz): ± 10 dB
Turnover Frequency: 400 Hz
Boost/Cut (20 kHz): ± 10 dB
Turnover Frequency: 3.5 kHz
| Loudness Control || Attenuation (1 kHz, Continuous): -30 dB |
| Digital Audio Format || PCM (2-channel), 192/176.4/96/88.2/48/44.1/32 kHz |
| PCM Word Depth || 24-bit / 16-bit |
| Input || 5 x RCA |
1 x Phono for turntable
1 x Optical
1 x Coaxial
| Output || 2 x RCA |
4 x Speaker terminal
1 x Subwoofer
1 x Headphone
1 x DC (accessory power)
| Terminals || Gold-plated RCA (CD, phono, coaxial) and speaker terminals |
| Cabinet (Chassis) || Design: Reinforced with solid center bar |
Finish: Brushed aluminum
| Power Supply || 120 VAC, 60 Hz |
| Power Consumption || In Use: 240 W |
Maximum: 510 W
Standby: 0.5 W
| Capacitors || 12,000 μF block capacitors |
| Dimensions (W x H x D) || 17.1 x 5.9 x 15.2" (43.5 x 15.1 x 38.7 cm) |
| Weight || 22.7 lb (10.3 kg) |
| Package Weight || 26.0 lb |
| Box Dimensions (LxWxH) || 21.0 x 8.5 x 7.5" |
Rating100% users recommend this product to others. And what about you?
This product has already been rated by 38 owners. Add your rating and experience with the product.
Ask our technicians if you have a problem with your settings,
or if anything is unclear in the user manual you have downloaded.
You can make use of our moderated discussion.
The discussion is public and helps other users of our website who may be encountering similar problems.
Post new comment to Yamaha A-S501 Integrated Amplifier
|Date: 27.07.2021 17:38:15||Name: J.J. MICHAEL MOUTOU|
|Hi. Mr./Mrs. |
I owned a yamaha integrated amplifier A-S501.
I want to built a new loudspeaker cabinet. What does the term 'damping factor of 240' means? Is the amplifier capacity is 240 watts?
Is this amplifier equipped with a 6 ohms/ 8 ohms function for loudspeakers?
Should i search for loudspeakers of 8 ohms only or can I look for 6 ohms also?
Finally, can i play loudspeakers 8 ohms 100 watts RMS with the amplifier?
Post a new topic / query / comment:
|Request for user manual
You can’t find the operation manual you are looking for? Let us know and we will try to add the missing manual:
I’m looking for a manual / Request for manual
Current requests for instruction manuals:
TH-43EQ1U 43" Class Entry-Level 4K Digital Display...
Brunton Solar Roll 14...
Adonit dash 3...
Anker (qualcomm) quick charge 2.0 instruction manual or owners manual...
Latest contributions to the discussion:|
Name: Theresa williams
HP OfficeJet Pro 6968 All-in-One Inkjet
How do I use the printer after I have canceled my insta-ink subscription? When I try to print it says “cartridge cannot be used until printer is enrolled in HP Instant Ink”. ...
Stylus not charging
Name: Kok-Thong Tan
Adonit Dash 3 Stylus
Hi, I don't see red light while charging and even though I left it there for an hour. Could it be the battery issue of the stylus?...
how do I turn on night vision and the other 5 day light settings
Name: Lawrence Taylor
SIG SAUER Romeo5 Compact Red Dot
Can someone tell how to turn them on ...
Name: Reed Banet
Roku Ultra Streaming Player
I hooked up the roku and it comes to a screen requesting to set up network, so i hit that and it goes to a blue screen and feezes...
roku ultra wont set up or update
Name: Reed Banet
Roku Ultra Streaming Player
When I set up the roku ultra. it goes to a screen for set up network and when I hot that Icon, it goes to a blue screen and freezes...