User Manual for Zoom F4 Multitrack Field Recorder with Timecode - 6 Inputs 8 Tracks Click to enlarge the picture
Contents of the user manual for the Zoom F4 Multitrack Field Recorder with
- Product category: Portable Digital Recorders Zoom
- Brand: Zoom
- Description and content of package
- Technical information and basic settings
- Frequently asked questions – FAQ
- Troubleshooting (does not switch on, does not respond, error message, what do I do if...)
- Authorized service for Zoom Portable Digital Recorders
User manual for the Zoom F4 Multitrack Field Recorder with contain basic instructions
that need to be followed during installation and operation.
Before starting your appliance, the user manual should be read through carefully.
Follow all the safety instructions and warnings, and be guided by the given recommendations.
User manual is an integral part of any Zoom product,
and if it is sold or transferred, they should be handed over jointly with the product.
Following the instructions for use is an essential prerequisite for protecting
health and property during use, as well as recognition of liability on the part of the manufacturer
for possible defects should you make a warranty claim. Download an official Zoom user manual in which you will find instructions on how to install, use, maintain and service your product.
And do not forget – unsuitable use of a Zoom product will considerably shorten its lifespan!
Designed to provide big Hollywood sound on an affordable indie budget, the Zoom F4 is a 6-input / 8-track professional field recorder featuring super-low-noise preamps and timecode with pinpoint accuracy. The unit provides recording and playback resolutions up to 24-bit/192 kHz with impressive audio specs including an extremely low noise floor (-127 dBu EIN) and high gain (up to +75 dB), with +4 dB line-level inputs. The on-board temperature-compensated crystal oscillator (TCXO) generates timecode at 0.2 ppm accuracy and supports all standard drop-frame and non-drop formats, as well as jam sync for external devices.
- First Look: Zoom F4 Multitrack Recorder
- The Zoom F4 - Hollywood Sound Goes Indie
- Zoom Mic Capsule Overview
The advanced on-board limiters provide overload protection for all inputs and outputs, which lets you capture audio in a wide range of environments. Limiting can be applied simultaneously at full resolution with 10 dB of headroom and features controls for setting threshold, attack, and release.
The F4 offers four combo XLR-1/4" inputs, a 1/8" stereo input, and includes a Zoom mic-capsule input for recording six discrete tracks with an additional stereo mix, all at full 24-bit/192 kHz resolution. With gain linking capability between the various inputs, the F4 is suitable for recording audio in VR formats, specifically Ambisonics. Plug in a mic like the Sennheiser AMBEO, for example, and you'll find you can control all four capsules at once from the F4, and thus, capture the 360° audio necessary for immersive entertainment. Additionally, inputs 5/6 can function as a camera return for audio-monitoring only for confidence checks, or can accept two additional mic/line signals via the EXH-6 combo input capsule (available separately). The dual-SD card slot features simultaneous recording to both cards allowing you to make a backup or split recording with all eight tracks on one card and a stereo mix on the other.
Each of the four XLR-1/4" inputs offers a dedicated preamp with gain control, phantom power, a six-segment LED level meter, plus a Record Ready and PFL switch. In addition to the 1/4" headphone output with a dedicated volume control, the F4 provides two main balanced XLR outputs, as well as two sub outs on a single unbalanced 1/8" stereo mini-jack, enabling easy connection to a camera. All timecode I/O is provided on BNC connectors and the unit includes a variable-frequency slate-tone generator to confirm levels.
The front panel offers an output button, which provides quick access to the unit's outputs, while the option button offers quick access to TC Jam, Trim Link, Clear Clip and other important shortcuts. An easy-to-read 1.9" LCD display is suitable for use in all lighting environments including dark low-light sets to bright sunlight. The on-board mixer not only provides user-adjustable level, pan, and input/output delay, but also offers high-pass filtering for noise and wind reduction, phase inversion, and Mid-Side decoding. The F4 ships with a camera-mount adapter, a DHC-1 DC-HIROSE adapter, an AC power adapter, and download codes for Cubase LE and Wavelab LE.
UPC: 884354016890 In the Box Zoom F4 Multitrack Field Recorder with Timecode - 6 Inputs / 8 Tracks Camera-Mount Adapter Zoom AD-19 12 VAC Adapter DHC-1 DC-HIROSE Adapter Cubase LE Download Code Wavelab LE Download Code Limited 1-Year Warranty User Manual PDF 4.3mb Table of Contents
- Six-input/ eight-track multitrack field recorder with integrated mixer
- Six discrete inputs, including with 4 locking Neutrik XLR/TRS combo connectors, a stereo 3.5mm input, and Zoom mic-capsule input
- Input 5/6 can be used as a camera return for monitoring only, or can accept two additional mic/line signals via the EXH-6 combo input capsule (available separately)
- Can record in Ambisonics mode for capturing audio for VR
- Compact and lightweight metal chassis, weighing just 2 pounds (without batteries)
- High-quality mic preamps with up to 75 dB gain, less than -127 dBu EIN, and +4 dB line inputs
- Support for up to 24-bit/192 kHz recording as well as 96, 88.2 , 48, and 44.1 kHz, plus 47.952/48.048 kHz for HD-video compatibility; 16-/24-bit resolution
- Accurate timecode (0.2 ppm) I/O on standard BNC connectors; drop-frame/non-drop formats with Jam Sync
- Three different power supply options: 8 x AA batteries, external DC battery pack with 4-pin HIROSE connector, and Zoom AD-19 12V AC Adapter with DC-HIROSE cable (included)
- Dedicated gain-control knob, 6-segment LED level meter, and PFL/Solo switch for each channel
- Phantom power (+48/+24V) on every preamp
- High-pass filter, phase invert, and Mid-Side decoder
- Advanced onboard limiters for input and output
- Input delay of up to 30 ms per channel / output delay of up to 10 frames per output
- Compatible with all Zoom mic capsules; optional ECM extender cable enables remote positioning
- Dedicated headphone output (100mW) with front panel volume control
- Dual XLR-balanced Main Outs plus 1/8" stereo mini-jack Sub Out
- Front panel OPTION button gives quick access to important shortcuts
- 1.9” white, backlit monochrome LCD
- Dual SD/SDHC/SDXC card slots, up to 512GB each
- Support for extensive metadata (BWF and iXML); input time, date, project, scene number, etc.
- Built-in tripod mount; camera-mount adapter also included
- Use as a 6-in/4-out USB audio interface (@ 96 kHz)
Upload User Manual
Have you got an user manual for the Zoom F4 Multitrack Field Recorder with Timecode - 6 Inputs 8 Tracks in electronic form? Please send it to us and help us expand our library of instruction manuals.
Thank you, too, on behalf of other users.
To upload the product manual, we first need to check and make sure you are not a robot. After that, your "Submit Link" or "Upload File" will appear.
Zoom F4 Specs
| Number of Tracks || WAV: |
8 (6 Inputs + Stereo Mix)
| Max Sample Rate/Resolution || 192 kHz / 24-Bit |
| Built-In Speaker || No |
| Display || Monochrome LCD |
| Memory Card Support || SD (16 MB to 2 GB) |
SDHC (4 to 32 GB)
SDXC (64 to 512 GB)
| Audio File Formats || BWF, ID3v1, MP3, WAV, iXML |
| Sample Rates || WAV: |
44.1 / 47.952 / 48 / 48.048 / 88.2 / 96 / 192 kHz
44.1 / 48 kHz
| Bit Rates || 128 to 320 kb/s |
| Timecode || Yes |
| Frame Rates Supported || 23.976 / 24 / 25 / 29.97 / 29.97 DF / 30 / 30 DF |
| Clock Accuracy ||
Rating80% users recommend this product to others. And what about you?
This product has already been rated by 66 owners. Add your rating and experience with the product.
Ask our technicians if you have a problem with your settings,
or if anything is unclear in the user manual you have downloaded.
You can make use of our moderated discussion.
The discussion is public and helps other users of our website who may be encountering similar problems.
Post new comment to Zoom F4 Multitrack Field Recorder with Timecode - 6 Inputs 8 Tracks
|Subject: Musical instrument|
|Date: 28.02.2021 18:28:19||Name: Paul Fego|
We are interested in purchasing these following products:
Zoom F4 Multitrack Field Recorder Kit With ORCA OR-27 : 100 Units
Wireless Vocal Rack-mount System with Beta 58A.......100 Units
Payment Term: Net30 terms, Provide us with the pricing/quote and ETA on all items. Your swift response will be appreciated.
Global Procurement Manager For Qorvo US,Inc.
7628 Thorndike Road
Post a new topic / query / comment:
|Request for user manual
You can’t find the operation manual you are looking for? Let us know and we will try to add the missing manual:
I’m looking for a manual / Request for manual
Current requests for instruction manuals:
imedic 500 os-7801 MESSAGE CHAIR...
IPhone Tech21 000...
sigma 150 - 600 sport...
Need user manual for a night owl optics binocular made in Russia. Model #NOFB3...
Kensington Wired Trackball - need to configure trackball
Use Windows 10.0...
Latest contributions to the discussion:|
download operators manual
Name: peter wells
JBL Horizon Clock Radio
wish to download correct operator manual Jbl radio alarm clock black blu tooth clock about five yr. old. Model number R 206 000489 (?).
download operators manual
JBL Horizon Clock Radio
i have a JBL radio alarm clock black about about five yr. old .has a number R204 000489. can you possibly help. please advise.
Pilotfly gimbal Hě
Name: Petr Los
Pilotfly H2 3-Axis Handheld Gimbal Stabilizer
Hello, Can you send me the link for Pilotfly gimbal H2. Thank you...
Unable to transfer the Zoom Meeting Audio to Musiccast WX-010
Yamaha WX-010 MusicCast Wireless Speaker
Unable to transfer the Zoom Meeting Audio from iPad to Musiccast WX-010. Please advise how to fix this issue.
I lost my user manual for iS048 camera.....can you have me print one?
Name: ralph sheffler
Polaroid iS048 Digital Camera
I lost my user manual for iS048 camera.....can you have me print one?...