User Manual for Zoom Q4n Handy Video Recorder Click to enlarge the picture
Contents of the user manual for the Zoom Q4n Handy Video Recorder
- Product category: Consumer Camcorders Zoom
- Brand: Zoom
- Description and content of package
- Technical information and basic settings
- Frequently asked questions – FAQ
- Troubleshooting (does not switch on, does not respond, error message, what do I do if...)
- Authorized service for Zoom Consumer Camcorders
User manual for the Zoom Q4n Handy Video Recorder contain basic instructions
that need to be followed during installation and operation.
Before starting your appliance, the user manual should be read through carefully.
Follow all the safety instructions and warnings, and be guided by the given recommendations.
User manual is an integral part of any Zoom product,
and if it is sold or transferred, they should be handed over jointly with the product.
Following the instructions for use is an essential prerequisite for protecting
health and property during use, as well as recognition of liability on the part of the manufacturer
for possible defects should you make a warranty claim. Download an official Zoom user manual in which you will find instructions on how to install, use, maintain and service your product.
And do not forget – unsuitable use of a Zoom product will considerably shorten its lifespan!
Optimized for musicians, performers, and content creators, the Zoom Q4n Handy Video Recorder is a compact camera that combines higher-than-HD 2304x1296 video recording with Zoom's high-quality audio capture technology. It features a wide-angle 160° lens to capture the entire scene or stage and offers ten scene presets to adapt to various lighting conditions/environments. On the audio side, the Q4 features pop-up 120° microphones that can be configured in either A/B or X/Y configurations to capture live studio performances, concerts, or solo jam sessions. You can even use the Q4n as a stand-alone audio recorder, with audio saved in either uncompressed WAV (up to 24-bit / 96 kHz) or compressed AAC formats.
- Zoom Q4n Handy Video Recorder Product Video
- Zoom Q4n with John "JR" Robinson
Compact and lightweight, the Zoom Q4n can be attached directly to your guitar using the optional GHM-1 Guitar Headstock Mount, placed in various areas on a stage using the optional MSM-1 Microphone Stand Mount, or attached to any 3-prong GoPro-style mount using an included adapter. A flip-out, full-color, rotating 2" LCD touchscreen provides a convenient interface for monitoring your images and audio levels, as well as adjusting settings. A micro-HDMI port allows you to connect the camcorder to your HDTV to watch your footage. Additional connectivity includes an external stereo input jack with plug-in power for connecting external microphones and other audio devices, and a headphones/line output jack for listening to your audio.
A USB port lets you connect the Q4n to your computer or iPad (using an optional iPad camera connection kit) for use as a webcam or USB microphone. You can also stream live, transfer recordings, and recharge the included lithium-ion battery. A separately-available AC adapter is also available for battery charging.
- Higher-than-HD 2.3K Video
- The Q4n captures up to 2304x1296 video at 30 fps, giving you a higher resolution than Full HD 1080p. The extra resolution is useful when you want to crop or reframe a shot. You can also record in standard 1080p at 30 fps, as well as 720p video at 30 or 60 fps. Additionally, you can also choose to record lower resolution WVGA formats when smaller file sizes are needed. Video is recorded in the .MOV format using the H.264 codec.
- 160° Wide-Angle Lens
- The built-in, fixed-focus lens features an improved f/2 maximum aperture and has an ultra-wide 160° angle of view to capture the entire scene in front of it. When an ultra-wide perspective isn't what you're after, a step-zoom feature lets you select from five narrower FOV options for tighter-framed shots.
- High-Quality Audio Recording
- The Q4n supports high-quality 24-bit / 96 kHz stereo recording from its built-in mics or from an external microphone connected via the 1/8" stereo jack (supports plug-in power). You can record audio alongside video, or use the Q4n as a dedicated audio recorder, with audio saved separately in either uncompressed WAV or compressed AAC formats.
- A/B or X/Y Stereo Microphone Configuration
- The wide 120° pop-up microphones can be configured for either A/B or X/Y stereo recording. The microphones can handle high sound pressure levels up to 140 dB SPL for distortion-free recording, even in loud environments.
A/B Recording: Provides a realistic sense of space and ambience; ideal when you want to capture the reverb of a concert hall, or record the sound of people talking in different parts of a room.
X/Y Recording: Capture audio with natural depth and width, while still delivering a strong center image. It's ideal for recording musical performances and for video blogging.
- Use as a Webcam
- Connect the Qn4 to your computer via a USB cable to use it as a high-quality video and audio streaming webcam, or as a USB microphone. The recorder can simultaneously transmit video of up to 720p and 16-bit / 48 kHz quality audio to the computer.
- Lighting Settings
- Choose among ten different scene presets for optimal results in various lighting conditions and environments. Available presets: Auto, Concert Lighting, Night, Concert-Low Light, Dance Club, Jazz Club, Concert Hall, Rehearsal-Studio, Garage, Outdoor, and Sunset.
- Compatible with 3-Prong Action Camera Mount
- In addition to a 1/4"-20 threaded hole, the Zoom Q4n includes a 3-prong mount adapter, making it compatible with a wide range of GoPro and other third-party action camera mounts. Attach the camera to a mic stand, clamp it to a guitar, or place it anywhere onstage or in the rehearsal room.
UPC: 884354014018 In the Box Zoom Q4n Handy Video Recorder BT-02 Rechargeable Battery For Zoom Q4 feuxcfqfrtdrsyufzxeyzf 3-Prong Action Camera Mount Adapter USB to Mini-USB Cable Sponge Windscreen Lens Cover Lens Hood Strap Limited 1-Year Warranty User Manual PDF 5.5mb Table of Contents
- Additional Features
- 2" flip-out, full-color, rotating touchscreen LCD
- Records directly to SDXC cards up to 128GB
- Easy one-button recording
- Self-timer function to delay video recording by 3, 5, or 10 seconds
- HDMI video output for connection to HDTVs, selectable between NTSC and PAL
- Analog-style level control with onscreen level metering and 2-color status LCD on lens
- Three Auto Gain presets for automatic control over audio input level
- Stereo input for use with external devices plus support for plug-in power
- Headphone / line-level output and built-in speaker for fast audio monitoring
- Supplied windscreen and low-cut filter for the elimination of low-frequency noise and rumble
- Compatible with USTREAM Producer, Flash Live Media Encoder, Skype, and other popular streaming applications
- Includes rechargeable Lithium-ion battery (chargeable via USB or optional AC adapter) with battery life of more than 3 hours
- Built-in 1/4"-20 tripod mount
- 3-prong mount adapter for compatibility with action camera mounts
Upload User Manual
Have you got an user manual for the Zoom Q4n Handy Video Recorder in electronic form? Please send it to us and help us expand our library of instruction manuals.
Thank you, too, on behalf of other users.
To upload the product manual, we first need to check and make sure you are not a robot. After that, your "Submit Link" or "Upload File" will appear.
Zoom Q4N Specs
| Sensor || 1-Chip 1/3" CMOS |
| Sensor Resolution || 3 MP |
| 35mm-Equivalent Focal Length || 16.6 |
| Maximum Aperture || f/2 |
| Minimum Focusing Distance || 14.0" / 36.0 cm |
| Fixed Focus || Yes |
| Angle of View || 160° |
| Zoom || Digital: .75x |
| Recording Media || x SD/SDHC/SDXC (128 GB Maximum) |
| Video Format || 2304 x 1296p at 30 fps (24 Mb/s H.264) |
1920 x 1080p at 30 fps (24 Mb/s H.264)
1920 x 1080p at 30 fps (16 Mb/s H.264)
1280 x 720p at 60 fps (15 Mb/s H.264)
1280 x 720p at 30 fps (8 Mb/s H.264)
800 x 480p at 60 fps (8 Mb/s H.264)
800 x 480p at 30 fps (5 Mb/s H.264)
| Aspect Ratio || 16:9 |
| Microphone Recording Angle || 120° |
| Channels || Stereo |
| Audio Format || AAC |
| Sampling Frequency || AAC: 48.0 kHz |
WAV: 96.0 kHz
WAV: 48.0 kHz
WAV: 44.1 kHz
| Bit Rate || AAC: 320.0 Kb/s |
AAC: 256.0 Kb/s
AAC: 192.0 Kb/s
AAC: 128.0 Kb/s
AAC: 64.0 Kb/s
| Display Type || LCD |
| Touchscreen || Yes |
| Screen Size || 2.0" |
| Scene Modes || Preset: Yes |
| Built-In Mic || Yes |
| Built-In Speaker || Yes |
| Accessory Shoe || None |
| Tripod Mount || 1/4" - 20 |
| Inputs || 1 x 1/8" / 3.5 mm Stereo combined line/mic (can supply plug-in power) |
| Outputs || 1 x 1/8" / 3.5 mm Stereo combined line/headphone |
1 x Micro-HDMI (Type D)
1 x USB Mini-B USB 2.0
| Microphone Input || Yes |
| Headphone Jack || Yes |
| Battery || Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery Pack, 3.7-4.2 VDC, 1050 mAh |
Max Runtime: 3 Hours per Charge
| Charging Method || AC Adapter |
| Charging Time || 3 Hours |
| Dimensions (W x H x D) || 2.0 x 2.4 x 4.7" / 50.8 x 61.0 x 119.4 mm (with mic stored) |
1.5 x 3.4 x 4.7" / 38.1 x 86.4 x 119.4 mm (with mic extended)
| Weight || 6.30 oz / 178.6 g (with battery) |
5.50 oz / 155.9 g (without battery)
| Package Weight || 1.285 lb |
| Box Dimensions (LxWxH) || 9.45 x 7.75 x 2.9" |
Rating100% users recommend this product to others. And what about you?
This product has already been rated by 48 owners. Add your rating and experience with the product.
Ask our technicians if you have a problem with your settings,
or if anything is unclear in the user manual you have downloaded.
You can make use of our moderated discussion.
The discussion is public and helps other users of our website who may be encountering similar problems.
Post new comment to Zoom Q4n Handy Video Recorder
|Subject: Error! - when press record button|
|Date: 23.01.2021 22:41:02||Name: Vedran|
|Hi... so, here's the problem; on my Zoom Q4n, when I press "record" button, there are 4 quick clicks heard, and on the screen it says "Error!". Also, when I go into "Files" folder, it says "no files". When I connect camera on PC using card reader, camera is not recognized on PC... it just happened all of the sudden...|
Post a new topic / query / comment:
|Request for user manual
You can’t find the operation manual you are looking for? Let us know and we will try to add the missing manual:
I’m looking for a manual / Request for manual
Current requests for instruction manuals:
I do not find the User manual for the Cullmann Nanomax 460.
It's a nightmare to find this manual! I spent two days looking for him and finding only t...
APEX TX Series TX-606-U3...
iLUV portable speaker Model No. AUDMINIBU V2.0...
Polaroid iS048-TEAL 16MP Waterproof Instant Sharing Digital Camera...
Atico DPF720 Digital Picture Frame...
Latest contributions to the discussion:|
Plantronics Explorer 500
Name: Deborah Riley
Plantronics Explorer 500 Bluetooth Headset
The plastic that wraps around came off and we can’t find it. My husband loves this earpiece.
Can you order another one?...
voice over recording
CyberLink PowerDirector 16 Ultra
I am dubbing a video. I loaded the original video in Track 1. Then loaded the recorded voice (dub) on Track 2. How come these 2 are placed - stereo-wise - one track on the left and the other on the right when I did not do any panning?(... I don't want to) This is not the first ti...
Very low Sound quality
Name: Bhanu paliwal
Denon DP-29F Fully Automatic Turntable
Sound quality is very poor. ...
power in B output
Name: Timothy Duffy
Pyle Pro PTA1000 Professional Stereo Power
is there a fuse to change, I have power in A side yet no out put in B side, new machine with minimal hours on it, 3-4 yrs old yet again minimal hours maybe 10-15 hours at small intervals 1-1-1/ 2 at a time, just moved got a music room and I am very frustrated. Please help. Thanx ...
Name: RAY TOMLINSON
HP OfficeJet Pro 6968 All-in-One Inkjet
Whenever I attempt to send a FAX all the machine does is start trying to send a fax without asking for a number to send it to. In order to enter another FAX number I have to shut the machine off and turn it back on. What do I need to do to fix this...