User Manual for 3DR Solo Quadcopter with 3-Axis Gimbal for GoPro HERO3 HERO4 Click to enlarge the picture
Contents of the user manual for the 3DR Solo Quadcopter with 3-Axis Gimbal
- Product category: See All Drones 3DR
- Brand: 3DR
- Description and content of package
- Technical information and basic settings
- Frequently asked questions – FAQ
- Troubleshooting (does not switch on, does not respond, error message, what do I do if...)
- Authorized service for 3DR See All Drones
User manual for the 3DR Solo Quadcopter with 3-Axis Gimbal contain basic instructions
that need to be followed during installation and operation.
Before starting your appliance, the user manual should be read through carefully.
Follow all the safety instructions and warnings, and be guided by the given recommendations.
User manual is an integral part of any 3DR product,
and if it is sold or transferred, they should be handed over jointly with the product.
Following the instructions for use is an essential prerequisite for protecting
health and property during use, as well as recognition of liability on the part of the manufacturer
for possible defects should you make a warranty claim. Download an official 3DR user manual in which you will find instructions on how to install, use, maintain and service your product.
And do not forget – unsuitable use of a 3DR product will considerably shorten its lifespan!
Product description Aerial Photography and Drone Glossary Read More Designed from the ground up as a companion to the GoPro HERO, the Solo Quadcopter with Gimbal from 3D Robotics features aerial imaging-specific flight modes, including Cablecam mode and Follow Me. A quad-rotor configuration, flight stability and autonomous flying are enabled thanks to a twin computer flight control system. The flight controller relies on GPS for navigational coordinates and uses data from gyros, accelerators, and other sensors to keep the aircraft safely flying. The Solo includes the Solo Gimbal, a 3-axis stabilizer compatible with a GoPro HERO3+ or HERO4 action camera.
In the Box Bundle Items Solo Quadcopter (No Gimbal) faqwtvzqvddfuscxtarvxadd
- Solo Quadcopter (No Gimbal) Designed from the ground up as a companion to the GoPro HERO, the Solo Quadcopter from 3D Robotics features aerial imaging-specific flight modes including Cablecam mode and Follow Me. A quad-rotor configuration, flight stability and autonomous flying are enabled thanks to a twin computer flight control system. The flight controller relies on GPS for navigational coordinates, plus uses data from gyros, accelerators, and other sensors to keep the aircraft safely flying. The Solo is designed to be paired with the separately available Solo Gimbal, a 3-axis stabilizer compatible with the a GoPro HERO3+ or HERO4 action camera.
This is a ready-to-fly bundle, featuring a pre-bound transmitter (radio controller) that has been styled after a video game controller for more intuitive operation. In addition to dual joysticks for flying, it features dedicated dials for operating the optional Solo Gimbal. In addition to the transmitter, there is a mobile app for iOS and Android devices. The app provides full control over the aircraft, gimbal, and even the GoPro itself. A mount is provided so that you can mount your smartphone or tablet up to 8" directly to the transmitter.
A flight battery providing up to 25 minutes flying time as well as a charger are included. In addition, the included transmitter features its own dedicated battery.
"Smart Shot" Aerial Video Flight Modes
- Lock the Solo onto a virtual cable between any two points in space - even at different altitudes. This allows you to create a linear tracking shot with the ability to pan and tilt the camera freely. Any deviation from the "cable" is automatically prevented. Additionally, the Solo can memorize your first and last frames and pan the camera between them - all you have to do is use one stick on the controller to move Solo up and down the cable
- The Solo can automatically circle any subject of your choosing, keeping the camera pointed at the subject to capture an iconic "wrap-around" shot. You can adjust the circle's radius to get the exact frame you want, even midflight
- With one touch Solo will fly up and away from you, keeping the camera centered on you so the scenery around you expands in a dramatic aerial pullout shot
- Follow Me
- In this mode the Solo with track a GPS-enabled mobile device. It can follow from behind, stay beside the subject, or fly ahead with the camera looking back
Dual Computer Flight Control System
- The flight control system incorporates two computers, enabling advanced autonomous flying features such as Cable Cam and Follow Me. Additionally, splitting up the work across two computers reduces the likelihood of mechanical failure in flight for an even safer flying experience
- One-Button Flying
- Take off, land, and return home automatically. And if you panic, don't worry: There's the "pause" button - much like a video game
- If you need to release the controls for a moment or wish to capture a static shot, simply press the "Pause" button for the Solo to hold in a fixed hover. When you're ready, just press "Pause" again to resume flying
- Safety Net
- This flying mode limits the range and altitude the Solo can fly. Typically, the maximum flight ceiling is restricted to less than 400' and the aircraft is limited to flying within a user-specified radius
- Video Game-Style Controls
- The transmitter (radio controller) features ergonomics inspired by video game controllers. This design is intended to make it easier for pilots just starting out to learn how to fly
Mobile App for iOS and Android
- The full-featured app for iOS and Android puts total aircraft control at your fingertips. It allows you to operate the quadcopter itself, the Solo Gimbal (available separately), and even the GoPro. A mobile device holder is included for smartphones and tablets up to the size of the iPad mini
- GoPro Operation
- Not only does the app provide access to controls not available through the transmitter, it can also be used to operate the GoPro. Recording start/stop and select camera settings can be changed through the app
Note: This feature requires the separately available Tarot gimbal to act as an interface
Works with Solo Gimbal
- The separately available Solo Gimbal allows you to mount a GoPro HERO3+ or HERO4 action camera while providing 3-axes of stabilization. The gimbal allows panning and tilting via controls on the Solo transmitter and also keeps the horizon of your shots level, unless otherwise desired
- HDMI Output
- For live FPV monitoring in HD, there is a an HDMI port built into the transmitter. With it you can connect a monitor or FPV goggles
- Accessory Bays
- Accessory bays provide installations points for the option Solo gimbal as well as future upgrade components
- Solo Gimbal for GoPro HERO3+ and HERO4 Mount a GoPro HERO3+ or HERO4 action camera on your Solo quadcopter with the Solo Gimbal from 3D Robotics. The Solo Gimbal not only allows you to mount the GoPro, it also provides 3-axes of stabilization. The gimbal allows panning and tilting via controls on the Solo transmitter or with the mobile and also keeps the horizon of your shots level, unless otherwise desired.
- HDMI Relay for HD Video Downlink
- Unlike many systems, which use the GoPro's standard definition analog video output, the Solo features a built-in HD video transmission system. To provide the HD signal the downlink requires, an HDMI connection is integrated into the gimbal
- Remote GoPro Operation
- The Solo mobile app not only operates the Solo and gimbal, it can be used to control the GoPro itself. With the app you will be able to actuate recording start/stop as well as change select camera settings
- Work with Solo "Smart Shots"
- Not only does the gimbal enable manual control, it can be automatically moved by the flight control system when in one of the Smart Shot autonomous shooting modes. Simply hit "play" on the mobile app and Solo will fully control the gimbal for an automatic shot
- GoPro Lens Hood
- The included lens hood for the naked GoPro HERE is designed to reduce glare and sun flicker
- Powers GoPro
- A power feed from the Solo's flight battery keeps the GoPro's battery topped up for the duration of the flight. No risk of its battery dying, resulting in missed footage or a corrupted file
- Easy Attachment
- No soldering or installation of internal electronics is required with the Solo Gimbal. The only tool you will need is the included screwdriver
- Backpack for 3DR Solo Quadcopter Take your Solo with you wherever, even into the remotest wilds, with the Backpack for Solo Quadcopter from 3DR. This case has room for the controller (transmitter), up to five flight batteries, two replacement motors, two sets of props, a tablet or even small laptop, and more. The backpack features custom foam interior to protect your gear, with a water-resistant exterior. The straps are padded for additional comfort.
The Solo Backpack Accommodates:
- Solo quadcopter with gimbal
- Controller (handheld transmitter)
- Up to five flight batteries and a charger
- Additional compartments for sundry items
- Controller for Solo Quadcopter
- Battery for Solo Transmitter
Solo Gimbal for GoPro HERO3+ and HERO4 Backpack for 3DR Solo Quadcopter Camera in the Sky: Using Drones in Wedding Photography and Videos Peter Ward_1 02/29/2016 Some Good News for Photographers and Filmmakers Who Use Drones Peter Ward_1 02/23/2015 Guides & Manuals Table of Contents
- The Frame for HERO3 / HERO3+ / HERO4
Upload User Manual
Have you got an user manual for the 3DR Solo Quadcopter with 3-Axis Gimbal for GoPro HERO3 HERO4 in electronic form? Please send it to us and help us expand our library of instruction manuals.
Thank you, too, on behalf of other users.
To upload the product manual, we first need to check and make sure you are not a robot. After that, your "Submit Link" or "Upload File" will appear.
Download User ManualThe user manual for the 3DR Solo Quadcopter with 3-Axis Gimbal for GoPro HERO3 HERO4 can be downloaded in PDF format at the link stated below.
- Solo Quadcopter (No Gimbal)
| Maximum Speed || 55 mph / 88.5 km/h |
| Maximum Altitude || 400' / 121.9 m AGL |
| Flight Time || Up to 25 minutes (20 with camera and Solo Gimbal) |
| Model || Pixhawk 2 |
| Software || APM flight control software |
| GPS || Yes |
| Frequency || Not specified by manufacturer |
| Display || Color Screen for menu and live flight telemetry |
| Battery || Chemistry: Lithium-polymer |
Capacity: 5200 mAh
Voltage: 14.8 VDC
Life: Up to 4 hours
| System Requirements || Wi-Fi enabled iOS or Android mobile device |
| Wi-Fi Range || Up to 2640' / 805 m (depending on environment) |
| Video Downlink || Latency: 180 ms |
| Connectivity || 1 x HDMI output on Transmitter |
| Rotors || 4 x 10 x 4.5" / 25.4 x 11.4 cm self-tightening props |
| Motors || Velocity Constant: 880 kV |
| Gimbal Compatibility || Solo Gimbal for HERO3+ and HERO4 (gimbal and camera available separately) |
| Model || Solo Battery |
| Chemistry || Lithium-polymer |
| Capacity || 5200 mAh |
| Voltage || 14.8 VDC |
| Running Lights || Customizable color LEDs to assist orientation |
| Dimensions || Height: 10" / 25 cm |
Motor-to-Motor: 18" / 46 cm
| Weight || Unladen: 3.3 lb / 1.5 kg |
With Solo Gimbal and GoPro: 4 lb / 1.8 kg
| Box Dimensions (LxWxH) || 16.7 x 16.3 x 9.1" |
- Solo Gimbal for GoPro HERO3+ and HERO4
| Controlled Angle Accuracy || 0.1° |
| Power Requirements || Solo flight battery |
| Camera Compatibility || GoPro HERO3+, HERO4 |
| Supported Flight Control Systems || Pixhawk 2 |
| Weight || Not specified by manufacturer |
| Box Dimensions (LxWxH) || 6.1 x 5.7 x 4.4" |
- Backpack for 3DR Solo Quadcopter
| Exterior Dimensions || Not specified by manufacturer |
| Box Dimensions (LxWxH) || 20.8 x 15.7 x 10.6" |
Rating90% users recommend this product to others. And what about you?
This product has already been rated by 66 owners. Add your rating and experience with the product.
Ask our technicians if you have a problem with your settings,
or if anything is unclear in the user manual you have downloaded.
You can make use of our moderated discussion.
The discussion is public and helps other users of our website who may be encountering similar problems.
The discussion is empty - enter the first post
Post a new topic / query / comment:
|Request for user manual
You can’t find the operation manual you are looking for? Let us know and we will try to add the missing manual:
I’m looking for a manual / Request for manual
Current requests for instruction manuals:
Flir bnvd gen2+HD instruction manual ...
Heavy Duty Alt-Azimuth tripod...
PS-Studio-68C Presonus 6x6 USB Type-C Audio/MIDI Interface......
Manual of Electric Bulb...
PS-Studio-68C Presonus 6x6 USB Type-C Audio/MIDI Interface...
Latest contributions to the discussion:|
Name: sean scalley
Leatherman Super Tool 300 Multi-Tool with
I’d like the instructions for my leatherman super tool 300...
Bin Full Warning Light (Error)
Name: Mark Kwawu
Swingline DX20-19 Cross-Cut Jam-Free Shredder
How do I reset to get this error resolved in order for the blades to run again? Unit was cleaned out with compressed air, yet the bin full waring light will not go away....
Name: Kim Hrobar
HP DeskJet 3755 All-in-One Inkjet Printer
Manual for deskjet 3755...
Name: Gwendolyn Samuel
Dell 15.6" Inspiron 15 3000 Series
My laptop fell and the place where the power cord is attached is broken. What is the name of that part? Can I order it and what is the cost? My number is 678-362-8770.
download operators manual
Name: peter wells
JBL Horizon Clock Radio
wish to download correct operator manual Jbl radio alarm clock black blu tooth clock about five yr. old. Model number R 206 000489 (?).