User Manual for DOD Rubberneck Analog Delay with Tap Tempo Click to enlarge the picture
Contents of the user manual for the DOD Rubberneck Analog Delay with Tap
- Product category: Effects Pedals DOD
- Brand: DOD
- Description and content of package
- Technical information and basic settings
- Frequently asked questions – FAQ
- Troubleshooting (does not switch on, does not respond, error message, what do I do if...)
- Authorized service for DOD Effects Pedals
User manual for the DOD Rubberneck Analog Delay with Tap contain basic instructions
that need to be followed during installation and operation.
Before starting your appliance, the user manual should be read through carefully.
Follow all the safety instructions and warnings, and be guided by the given recommendations.
User manual is an integral part of any DOD product,
and if it is sold or transferred, they should be handed over jointly with the product.
Following the instructions for use is an essential prerequisite for protecting
health and property during use, as well as recognition of liability on the part of the manufacturer
for possible defects should you make a warranty claim. Download an official DOD user manual in which you will find instructions on how to install, use, maintain and service your product.
And do not forget – unsuitable use of a DOD product will considerably shorten its lifespan!
Product description The DOD Rubberneck Analog Delay is a pedal intended for electric guitar players. It can give you over a second of analog repeats, as well as controls for the delay’s timing, feedback, gain, tone, and more. For instance, concentric knobs allow you to manipulate the rate and depth of any modulations you’d like to introduce into the delay. A three-way toggle switch lets you choose how the tails will operate when you disengage the pedal. Will the tails automatically die, or fade off into the mix? The decision is yours with this front-facing switch.Tap tempo is also offered via a dual-function footswitch, and you can choose among subdivisions with a three-position toggle switch, giving your repeats a triplet feel, if you so choose. The Tap Tempo footswitch also operates as a Regen control, which, when pressed down, will override the Repeats knob, giving you a feedback setting determined by the adjacent potentiometer. With this pot, you can achieve instantaneous modulations in feedback/repeats.The pedal utilizes a true-bypass circuit path to preserve your dry signal’s integrity. However, the bypass switch also serves another function: It enables rubbernecking, an effect where the delay’s timing is stretched/compressed in time. You choose exactly how this timing changes with the Rubber Rate potentiometer, conveniently located next to the bypass footswitch.The pedal sports an effects loop, so you can route external effects through its send/return jack, which accepts a 1/4" TRS cable. If you’d like to use a compatible footswitch to control parameters, such as the FSX3, a 1/4" jack is provided for this purpose. This pedal runs on a 9 VDC external power supply, which is available separately.
- Key Features at a Glance
- Up to 1.5 Seconds of Analog DelayTap Tempo with three tap-ratio selectionsRubbernecking allows ‘rubber band’ stretched delay performanceModulation, Speed, and Depth controlsDelay, Gain, and Tone controlsRegen footswitch provides performance control of repeatsEffects loop allows you to insert effects into delay feedback pathDelay tails and dry signal defeat optionsRemote footswitch input for added performance controlTrue bypass circuitry
In the Box DOD Rubberneck Analog Delay with Tap Tempo Limited 1-Year Warranty Table of Contents
- Controls at a Glance
- Time Knob: This knob controls the delay time. Range is 30 to 1000 ms. Up to 1500 ms of delay is available using the Tempo footswitch.Repeats Knob: This knob controls the number of delay-repeats you’ll hear. Higher settings can create the oscillating runaway feedback that analog delays are known for.Level Knob: This knob controls the output level of the delay signal. Use this in conjunction with the Repeats, Tone, and Gain knobs to balance your delay levels.Gain/Tone Knobs: The Gain knob shapes the delay signal by adding more input gain into the bucket brigades, thus adding more overdrive to the repeat. The Tone knob brightens or darkens the delay signal. These knobs are stacked concentrically.Rate/Depth Knobs: These knobs control the amount of delay time modulation creating sounds from subtle chorusing to wild vibrato/tremolo textures. These knobs are stacked concentrically.Tap Ratio Switch: This switch selects between three different tempo ratios, making it easy to achieve repeats that are perfectly in time with the tapped intervals, or giving them a doubled or tripled feel.Tails Switch: This switch allows repeats to be heard or not heard when the delay is bypassed. The third option (On-No Dry) defeats the dry signal while allowing delay repeats to continue in bypass.Effect LED/Rubberneck Rate Control Potentiometer: This transparent pot utilizes a bi-color LED beneath it to indicate different delay operating states. When it is green, the delay effect is enabled. When it is pulsing green to yellow, the delay is enabled and showing the modulation Rate and Depth settings. When it is red, the Rubbernecking feature is active. The pot itself is used for selecting the Rubberneck rate (the time it takes to modify the delay time when the Effect footswitch is pressed and held).Tempo LED/Regen Adjust Control Potentiometer: This transparent pot utilizes an LED beneath it that flashes at the current delay time. The delay time can be changed by tapping the Tempo/ Regen footswitch. The pot itself is used for adjusting the secondary regen/repeats setting of the delay that is enabled by pressing and holding the Tempo/Regen footswitch.Tempo/Regen Footswitch: This footswitch is used to tap in the delay time during performance. When the delay is enabled and the footswitch is pressed, it enables the secondary repeats regen control in the path, thus defeating the initial Repeat setting and initiating a secondary feedback value as by the Regen Adjust Pot.Effect On: This footswitch turns the delay effect on and off. When this footswitch is pressed and held, the Rubbernecking feature is enabled. This modulates the delay time up or down at different rates depending on the setting of the Rubberneck Rate control.
Upload User Manual
Have you got an user manual for the DOD Rubberneck Analog Delay with Tap Tempo in electronic form? Please send it to us and help us expand our library of instruction manuals.
Thank you, too, on behalf of other users.
To upload the product manual, we first need to check and make sure you are not a robot. After that, your "Submit Link" or "Upload File" will appear.
DOD DOD-RUBBERNECK Specs
| Controls || TIME knob |
GAIN/TONE knobs (concentrically stacked)
RATE/DEPTH knobs (concentrically stacked)
EFFECT LED/RUBBERNECK RATE control
TEMPO LED/REGEN ADJUST control
TAP RATIO toggle switch
TAILS toggle switch
EFFECT ON footswitch
| Audio I/O || 1 x 1/4" instrument input, phone type |
1 x 1/4" instrument output, phone type
1 x 1/4" send/return jack, TRS phone type (tip = send, ring = return)
1 x 1/4" external footswitch input, TRS phone type
| Chassis || All-metal |
| Current Draw || 150 mA |
| Power Supply || 9 VDC, optional |
| Dimensions (L x W x H) || 4.8 x 4.7 x 2.2" / 122.0 x 119.0 x 55.0 mm |
| Weight (Approx.) || 1.1 lb / 0.5 kg |
Rating70% users recommend this product to others. And what about you?
This product has already been rated by 51 owners. Add your rating and experience with the product.
Ask our technicians if you have a problem with your settings,
or if anything is unclear in the user manual you have downloaded.
You can make use of our moderated discussion.
The discussion is public and helps other users of our website who may be encountering similar problems.
The discussion is empty - enter the first post
Post a new topic / query / comment:
|Request for user manual
You can’t find the operation manual you are looking for? Let us know and we will try to add the missing manual:
I’m looking for a manual / Request for manual
Current requests for instruction manuals:
Sylvania Portable Blu-Ray Disc/DVD Media Player 11.4" SDVD1187...
Sigma 100-400 1:5-6.3 DG o67...
Latest contributions to the discussion:|
Under counter SKzCR 2713.
Name: Rex Clark
Sylvania SKCR2713 Bluetooth Under-Cabinet CD Clock
No sound. It worked before. Is there a resit button,?...
Name: Milan Zihlavnik
ZEISS 1.8-14x50 Victory V8 Riflescope
Mal by som doraz ohľadom svetelného bodu či po určitom čase sa sám vypne, alebo ho treba zakaždým vypnúť ručne.
Ďakujem za odpoveď....
Name: Jeff Dillon
Joby TelePod PRO Kit
Can I advance pages of my book with the remote control on my Joby?
Boss ve2 noises through amp speaker
Name: Ian clark
BOSS VE-2 Vocal Harmonist
Hi , I recently purchased a boss ve2 Harmonist pedal , when switched on it intermittently pops and bangs through my Roland ac60 amp , all connections are fine and amp is fine until ve2 is connected, what can be causing this ?, thanks for any help...
User Manuel for dell notebook 3000 series
Name: Kenny Campbell
Dell 15.6" Inspiron 15 3000 Series
I would like a user Manuel for my dell inspiron 15 3000 series in order to master the computer - it is old 2016 ...