User Manual for EastWest Fab Four - Virtual Instrument Click to enlarge the picture
Contents of the user manual for the EastWest Fab Four - Virtual Instrument
- Product category: Virtual Instruments EastWest
- Brand: EastWest
- Description and content of package
- Technical information and basic settings
- Frequently asked questions – FAQ
- Troubleshooting (does not switch on, does not respond, error message, what do I do if...)
- Authorized service for EastWest Virtual Instruments
User manual for the EastWest Fab Four - Virtual Instrument contain basic instructions
that need to be followed during installation and operation.
Before starting your appliance, the user manual should be read through carefully.
Follow all the safety instructions and warnings, and be guided by the given recommendations.
User manual is an integral part of any EastWest product,
and if it is sold or transferred, they should be handed over jointly with the product.
Following the instructions for use is an essential prerequisite for protecting
health and property during use, as well as recognition of liability on the part of the manufacturer
for possible defects should you make a warranty claim. Download an official EastWest user manual in which you will find instructions on how to install, use, maintain and service your product.
And do not forget – unsuitable use of a EastWest product will considerably shorten its lifespan!
Fab Four from EastWest is a virtual instrument featuring instrumentation inspired by the sounds of the Beatles. All the sounds were generated and processed using equipment identical to that which the Beatles played and recorded.Various vintage guitars were sampled with up and down strokes, multiple velocities and picking styles, some with chords and effects. Basses used were the Hofner 500 Bass (1963) and Rickenbacker 4001S Bass (1964). Drums included a rare 1960 Ludwig downbeat kit with Zildjian cymbals.The recording equipment was just as equally meticulously acquired. Items included very rare EMI REDD tube and TG12345 recording desks, Fairchild limiters, EMI RS124 modified Altec compressors, and Studer J-37 tube multi-tracks, among other microphones, amplifiers, and other outboard units.Having worked on multiple Beatles albums, project engineer Ken Scott was able to recreate from his direct experience, many of the unique techniques developed by the Beatles during their musical odyssey. The Fab Four virtual instrument utilizes a dedicated playback engine, the PLAY Advanced Sample Engine, which provides an easy searchable browser and the ability for users to customize the sounds. Note: This product is an educational discounted version available to qualified students, faculty/staff, and accredited academic institutions only. Proof of current educational status is required.
- EastWest Fab Four Overview
- EastWest Fab 4 Production
- Virtual instrument featuring instrumentation inspired by the music and sound of the Beatles
- Total of 13GB of 24-bit / 88.2 kHz samples
- Includes authentic rare period guitars (acoustic and electric), basses, drums, keyboards, stringed, and other miscellaneous instruments
- Neumann, AKG, Cole and STC microphones were used to record all instruments
- The period amplifiers used to record the electric guitars included the Fender Tan Showman (1963), Fender Bassman (1963), Vox AC30 (1963), Vox AC50 (1965), Vox Defiant (1966), Vox 730 (1966), Vox 7120 (1966), Fender Showman (1967) and the Fender DeLuxe (1967)
- Drums were all multi-sampled with up to sixteen velocity layers, left and right hand. The sounds were all matched to a particular style, e.g. A Day in the Drums, Ticket to Drums, Yer Drums
- Includes various keyboards
- The same kind of recording desks and preamps were used to record all instruments, including a very rare EMI REDD tube desk, EMI TG12345 desk (the same kind of desk used to record "Abbey Road" and Pink Floyd's "Dark Side of the Moon"), and EMI REDD47 preamps
- The same kind of limiters (Fairchild) and compressors (rare EMI RS124 modified Altec) were used for dynamics control
- The same kind of Studer J-37 tube 4-track was used to record everything
- Instrument plays back via the PLAY Advanced Sample Engine, a dedicated audio engine/interface providing a powerful streaming engine
- All instruments listed in a single browser for easy navigation
- Stereo Swap allows the user to instantly swap the left and right channels. Mono from left, mono from right, or mono sum allow for instant conversion from stereo to mono
- Guitars (some costing over $200,000 each) played by Laurence Juber (Paul McCartney and Wings) include Gretsch Firebird (1959), Gretsch Tennessean (1963), Rickenbacker 360-12 (1965), Martin D-28 (1966), Fender Stratocaster (1956), Epiphone Casino (1965), Fender Telecaster (1951), Gibson SG (1960), Les Paul Goldtop (1957), Gibson J200 (1966), Hofner 500 Bass (1963) and Rickenbacker 4001S Bass (1964)
- Guitars were sampled with up and down strokes, multiple velocities and picking styles, some with chords and effects
- Most of the sounds would be impossible to create without all of the above equipment. For example, the "revostortion" guitar sound was created by feeding an Epiphone Casino guitar into one EMI REDD 47 preamp, and the output into a second EMI REDD 47 preamp, which is exactly how it was created originally by the EMI/Abbey Road engineers
- Drums played by Denny Seiwell (Paul McCartney and Wings) include a rare 1960 Ludwig downbeat kit with Zildjian cymbals (snare 5 x 14; toms 9 x 13 / 16 x 16; kick 22 x 14; Zildjan 20" crash ride; 18" crash medium; 14" Hi-Hat)
- Drums are all multi-sampled with up to 16 velocity layers, left and right hand. The sounds were all matched to a particular style (e.g. A Day in the Drums, Ticket to Drums, Yer Drums). We even recorded some heavily modulated cymbals through a Fairchild limiter for authenticity
- Keyboards include Baldwin Electric Harpsichord (Because I'm a Harpsichord), Clavioline (Baby I'm a Clavioline), Lucy in the Lowery, Strawberry Flutes, We Can Work a Harmonium, and other stringed instruments including Swarmandel Forever
- Includes a software version of ADT (artificial double tracking) with built-in tape simulator, created and programmed specially for this project.
- The software includes filters, delay, and multiple high-quality reverb choices
Table of Contents
- Instrument List
- Baby I'm A Clavioline (Clavioline/Baldwin Amp)
- Bass Tripper (1963 Hofner 500 Bass)
- Because I'm A Harpsichord (Baldwin Electric Harpsichord/Baldwin Amp)
- Come To Bass (1964 Rickenbacker 4001S Bass)
- Come To Drums (1960 Ludwig Downbeat Kit)
- Come To Guitar Rhythm (1965 Epiphone Casino Electric Guitar/1967 Fender DeLuxe Amp)
- Come To Guitar Solo (1957 Les Paul Goldtop Electric Guitar/1963 Fender Bassman Amp)
- Day In The Drums (1960 Ludwig Downbeat Kit)
- Everybody's Got Guitar (1965 Epiphone Casino Electric Guitar/1966 Vox Defiant Amp)
- Fairchild Modulated Cymbals (Zildjian Cymbals)
- Fixing A Guitar Solo (1956 Fender Stratocaster Electric Guitar/1966 Vox Defiant Amp)
- Getting A Better Guitar (1951 Fender Telecaster Electric Guitar/1966 Vox 730 Amp)
- Get Back My Guitar (1965 Epiphone Casino Electric Guitar/1967 Fender Showman Amp)
- Help I'm A Snare (plus kit) (1960 Ludwig Downbeat Kit)
- Here Comes The Guitar (1966 Gibson J200 Acoustic picked)
- I'm Only A Backwards Guitar (1965 Epiphone Casino Electric Guitar/1966 Vox 7120 Amp)
- I Want Guitar (Epiphone Casino/Fender DeLuxe and Fender Strat/Fender Tan Showman/doubled)
- I Will Play A Guitar Solo (1966 Martin D28 with ADT)
- I'm A Blackbird (1966 Martin D28 Acoustic Guitar fingered and picked)
- In The End There Will Be Drums (1960 Ludwig Downbeat Kit)
- Let It Be Organ (Hammond B3 Organ)
- Lucy In The Lowery (Lowery Heritage Deluxe Organ)
- Lucy Lead Guitar (1956 Fender Stratocaster Electric Guitar with Leslie Speaker)
- Michelle Is A Guitar Solo (1965 Epiphone Casino Electric Guitar/1963 Fender Bassman Amp)
- Madonna Piano (Steinway B Piano)
- Miscellaneous (Claps, Tambourine, Cowbell, Screaming Girls)
- Nowhere Guitar (1956 Fender Stratocaster Electric Guitar/1963 Vox AC30)
- Party Guitar (Gretsch Tennessean Electric Guitar/1963 Vox AC50 Amp)
- Penny Snare (plus kit) (1960 Ludwig Downbeat Kit)
- Pepper Guitar (Gibson SG Guitar/1966 Vox Defiant Amp)
- Revostortion Guitar (1965 Epiphone Casino Electric Guitar/2 x REDD 47 Preamps)
- Roll Over Guitar (1959 Gretsch Country Gentleman Electric Guitar/1964 Vox AC100 Amp)
- Something Is A Guitar Solo (1957 Les Paul Goldtop Electric Guitar/1963 Fender Bassman Amp)
- Something Is A Rhythm Guitar (1951 Fender Telecaster Electric Guitar with Leslie Speaker)
- Strawberry Drums (1960 Ludwig Downbeat Kit)
- Strawberry Flutes (original sound licensed from www.mellotron.com)
- Swarmandel Forever (Swarmandel)
- Ticket To Guitar (Rickenbacker 360-12 Electric Guitar/1965 Vox AC50 Amp)
- Ticket To Drums (1960 Ludwig Downbeat Kit)
- We Can Work A Harmonium (Harmonium)
- With a Little Help From My Bass (1964 Rickenbacker 4001S Bass)
- Within A Sitar / Love You Sitar (Sitar)
- Within A Tabla (Tabla)
- What You're Drumming (1960 Ludwig Downbeat Kit)
- Yer Drums (1960 Ludwig Downbeat Kit in Small Room
Upload User Manual
Have you got an user manual for the EastWest Fab Four - Virtual Instrument in electronic form? Please send it to us and help us expand our library of instruction manuals.
Thank you, too, on behalf of other users.
To upload the product manual, we first need to check and make sure you are not a robot. After that, your "Submit Link" or "Upload File" will appear.
EastWest EW-170EDUD Specs
| System Requirements || 8 GB RAM (16 GB RAM or more recommended) |
13 GB free hard drive space (for full load)
7200 rpm or faster (non-energy saving) hard drive for sample streaming (SSD recommended)
For plug-in use, host software that supports AAX Native, Audio Units, or VST plug-ins
iLok account for electronic license or iLok copy protection key (not included)
Internet connection required for one-time product activation
Intel Core 2 Duo Processor 2.1 GHz or higher (PPC not supported)
OS X 10.7 or higher
For plug-in use, host software that supports AAX Native, Audio Units, or VST plug-in formats
Mac Pro Late 2013 edition (model with round enclosure) or above
Intel Core 2 Duo, or AMD Dual Core 2.1 GHz or higher
Windows 7 or later
Sound card with ASIO drivers
Intel Core 2 Quad, or AMD Quad Core 2.66 GHz or higher
Sound card with ASIO drivers
64-bit Windows/Host sequencer
Rating80% users recommend this product to others. And what about you?
This product has already been rated by 97 owners. Add your rating and experience with the product.
Ask our technicians if you have a problem with your settings,
or if anything is unclear in the user manual you have downloaded.
You can make use of our moderated discussion.
The discussion is public and helps other users of our website who may be encountering similar problems.
The discussion is empty - enter the first post
Post a new topic / query / comment:
|Request for user manual
You can’t find the operation manual you are looking for? Let us know and we will try to add the missing manual:
I’m looking for a manual / Request for manual
Current requests for instruction manuals:
Simmons ATV 4.5X14X40 MODEL ATV 4514. I just bought one and was needing a manual. ...
nest thermostat 3 ...
Swann Xtreem security Camera. I don’t know what is ment in mode home, sleep, away ?...
Blackstar ID 150 guitar amp head...
iPad stand Hammacher Schlemmer...
Latest contributions to the discussion:|
Name: stephanie Ann fritz
Vanguard ALTA GH-300T Pistol Grip Ball
Hello, I just purchased the 300T. Is there an attachment to the z6 camera for the pistol grip?
how to remove a defect on camera lens OR replace lens?
Name: Alan Winner
I have tried cleaning smudge on center of lens. Nothing works. Can this be serviced and/ or replaced?...
New software purchased for a school
Name: Deborah Renaud
Telmax ZaPrompt Pro
I have a teacher who purchased your software years ago and was very pleased with it. However, he had it installed on a very outdated Mac with Sierra-operating system. Our school district requires all of our devices to be running MAC OS Catalina or higher for security reas...
Ortery PhotoCapture 360 Turntable for Product
we have loss the cd so give the link to download the software ..for the model ortery 360m...
Multiple Speaker connections.
Name: Tom Patrovich
Blackstar HT-20RMKII 20W Tube Combo Amplifier
Hi. I have a Blackstar HT20 combo amp. Can I hook up a factory 16 ohm 1x12 Blackstar voiced "extension" speaker cabinet, along with the stock supplied 12" 16 ohm factory Blackstar voiced combo speaker (1 in each of the 2, 16 ohm output jacks in the back) along with (at the same t...