User Manual for HP Z 10GbE Dual Port Module Click to enlarge the picture
Contents of the user manual for the HP Z 10GbE Dual Port Module
- Product category: Network Interface Cards & Adapters HP
- Brand: HP
- Description and content of package
- Technical information and basic settings
- Frequently asked questions – FAQ
- Troubleshooting (does not switch on, does not respond, error message, what do I do if...)
- Authorized service for HP Network Interface Cards & Adapters
User manual for the HP Z 10GbE Dual Port Module contain basic instructions
that need to be followed during installation and operation.
Before starting your appliance, the user manual should be read through carefully.
Follow all the safety instructions and warnings, and be guided by the given recommendations.
User manual is an integral part of any HP product,
and if it is sold or transferred, they should be handed over jointly with the product.
Following the instructions for use is an essential prerequisite for protecting
health and property during use, as well as recognition of liability on the part of the manufacturer
for possible defects should you make a warranty claim. Download an official HP user manual in which you will find instructions on how to install, use, maintain and service your product.
And do not forget – unsuitable use of a HP product will considerably shorten its lifespan!
Product description With support for a variety of enterprise class features including VLAN tagging, adaptive interrupt coalescing, MSI-X, NIC teaming (bonding), Receive Side Scaling (RSS), jumbo frames, PXE boot, and virtualization features including VMware NetQueue and Microsoft VMQ, the Z 10GbE Dual Port Module from HP is an ideal network card for your HP Z8 G4 and Z6 G4 workstation.
This dual-port module features a proprietary interface designed specifically for the HP Z8 G4 and Z6 G4 workstations and offers enhanced network connectivity with theoretical 20 Gb/s bidirectional near line rate throughput per port. If that's not enough, this module also supports Remote Direct Memory Access (RDMA) using internet Wide Area RDMA Protocol (iWARP) and offers enhanced I/O virtualization support Single-Root I/O Virtualization (SR-IOV), accommodating up to 256 virtual machines to share single PCIe resources.
- Dual-Port 10 Gigabit Ethernet Throughput
- The HP Z 10GbE Dual Port Module delivers 20 Gb/s full duplex Ethernet transfer rate per individual port, providing the network performance needed to improve response times and alleviate bottlenecks that impact performance of next-generation data centers. 10Gb Ethernet bandwidth is ideal for high-performance workstation computing, virtual workstations, database access, and more. On the HP Z8 G4 and Z6 G4 Workstations, the HP Z 10GbE Dual Port Module will operate with a combined theoretical throughput of 36 Gb/s full duplex when both ports are actively transferring at maximum capacity.
- Jumbo Frames
- The HP Z 10GbE Dual Port Module supports jumbo frames (also known as extended frames), permitting up to a 9.5K byte (KB) transmission unit (MTU) when running Ethernet I/O traffic. This is over 5X the size of a standard 1500-byte Ethernet frame. With jumbo frames, networks can achieve higher throughput performance and improve CPU utilization. These attributes are particularly useful for database transfer and tape backup operations.
- TCP/IP Stateless Offloading
- This dual port module supports TCP, IP, UDP checksum offload, Large Send Offload (LSO), TCP Segmentation Offload (TSO). These features optimize host efficiency, leaving the CPU available for other duties. The HP Z 10GbE Dual Port Module offers TCP/IP stateless offloading capability.
- RDMA with iWARP
- With the Intel C620 series chipset, the HP Z 10GbE Dual Port Module natively supports a form of Remote Direct Memory Access (RDMA) using Internet Wide Area RDMA Protocol (iWARP). The Intel iWARP support enables three performance-enhancing features: Kernel Bypass - which allows software applications to bypass the OS and directly access the Ethernet adapter resources, Direct Data Placement - which allows data to be written directly into user space, bypassing buffers, and Transport Acceleration - where the TCP/IP and iWARP protocols are accelerated in silicon relative to host software stacks. These features equate to reducing latency, freeing up processor cycles, and increasing memory bandwidth.
- MSI and MSI-X
- Message Signaled Interrupt (Extended) provides performance benefits for multi-core servers by load balancing interrupts between CPUs/cores. The HP Z 10GbE Dual Port Module supports MSI and MSI-X.
- 802.1Q VLANs
- IEEE 802.1Qbg virtual local area network (VLAN) protocol allows each physical port of the HP Z 10GbE Dual Port Module to be separated into multiple virtual NICs for added network segmentation and enhanced security and performance. VLANs increase security by isolating traffic between users. Limiting the broadcast traffic to within the same VLAN domain also improves performance. The HP Z 10GbE Dual Port Module provides support for 802.1Q (VLAN) as well as the IEEE 802.1Qbg for VLAN Bridging.
- Optimized for Virtualization
- I/O Virtualization support for VMware NetQueue and Microsoft VMQ help meet the performance demands of consolidated virtual workloads. Compliant with Single-Root I/O Virtualization (SR-IOV), accommodating up to 256 Virtual Machines (VMs) to share single PCIe resources. Network virtualization can be taken a step further with support of Network Service Headers (NSH), Geneve, VXLAN, and NVGRE. The HP Z 10GbE Dual Port Module is SR-IOV ready, requiring firmware, software and OS support.
- Checksum & Segmentation Offload
- Normally the TCP Checksum is computed by the protocol stack. By selecting one of the "Checksum Offload" parameters, the checksum can be computed by the adapter. Segmentation Offload is a technique for increasing outbound throughput of high-bandwidth network connections by reducing CPU overhead. The technique is also called TCP segmentation offload (TSO) when applied to TCP, or generic segmentation offload (GSO). The HP Z 10GbE Dual Port Module has Checksum and Segmentation Offload capabilities.
- IPv6 uses 128-bit addressing allowing for more devices and users on the Internet. IPv4 supported 32-bit addressing. The HP Z 10GbE Dual Port Module supports IPv6, in addition to IPv4.
- Receive Side Scaling (RSS)
- RSS resolves the single-processor bottleneck by allowing the receive side network load from a network adapter to be shared across multiple processors. RSS enables packet receive-processing to scale with the number of available processors. The HP Z 10GbE Dual Port Module has RSS capabilities with support from Microsoft or Scalable I/O on Linux.
- Time Synchronization Implementation (PTP)
- Synchronization of system clocks throughout a network, achieving clock accuracy in the sub-microsecond range, making it suitable for measurement and control systems. The HP Z 10GbE Dual Port Module supports Precision Time Protocol-ready (PTP).
- Network Adapter Teaming
- The HP Z 10GbE Dual Port Module provides support for NIC teaming, which helps IT administrators increase network fault tolerance and increased network bandwidth, the team of adapters can work together as a single virtual adapter. The HP Z 10GbE Dual Port Module provides support for several different types of teaming enabling IT administrators to optimize availability, improve performance and help reduce costs. Teaming can be accomplished through Intel's Advanced Network Software (ANS), which can be found with HP-released Intel Wired Networking software packages. Please note that certain releases of Intel drivers and Microsoft Windows 10 builds may not support ANS and/or Teaming and VLAN functionality.
UPC: 190781769347 In the Box HP Z 10GbE Dual Port Module Rear I/O Label Limited 3-Year Warranty Table of Contents
- Additional Features
- Operates at 1Gb/s-10Gb/s, auto-negotiation, on both ports
- 10GBASE-T connectivity supporting up to 100 meters with CAT 6A cabling (or better)
- Up to a theoretical 20 Gb/s bidirectional near line rate throughput per port (combined dual port throughput limited to 36Gb/s)
- Remote Direct Memory Access (RDMA) using internet Wide Area RDMA Protocol (iWARP)
- SR-IOV capable in hardware (requires server FW, SW and OS support; 128 per device)
- 1,536 Transmit and Receive Queues per port
- PXE, Jumbo Frames, Checksum & Segmentation Offload, IPv6 and RSS (PXE allows the server to boot over the network and download software residing in the network)
- Field replaceable and upgradeable
- Support for Preboot eXecution Environment (PXE)
- IEEE 1588 / IEEE 802.1as (Time Synchronization)
- Energy Efficient Ethernet (EEE) for low power consumption during periods of low data activity
Upload User Manual
Have you got an user manual for the HP Z 10GbE Dual Port Module in electronic form? Please send it to us and help us expand our library of instruction manuals.
Thank you, too, on behalf of other users.
To upload the product manual, we first need to check and make sure you are not a robot. After that, your "Submit Link" or "Upload File" will appear.
HP 1QL49AA Specs
| Operating Temperature || 32 to 131°F / 0 to 55°C |
| Operating Humidity || 5 to 90% non-condensing |
| OS Support || Windows 10, Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 R2, Linux Stable Kernel version 3.x, 2.6.32, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.5/7.0, SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11SP3/12, FreeBSD 9/10, VMware ESXi5.5 |
Note: Not all OS's supported on all HP Z Workstations
| Driver Support || The HP driver release is a unified package for supported OS and supported Intel network adapters, which includes the X722 drivers use with the HP Z 10GbE Dual Port Module. The HP Z 10GbE Dual Port Module uses the same driver as the onboard LOM port for the Intel X722 for 1GbE. Currently, HP.com includes drivers for Win7-x64 and Win10-x64 in support of the HP Z8 G4 and the HP Z6 G4 Workstations |
| Protocols || IEEE 802.3, IEEE 802.3ad (Link aggregation control), IEEE 802.1Q (VLAN), IEEE 802.3 2005 (Flow control), IEEE 802.1as/1588 (Time sync), IEEE P802.3az (Energy Efficient Ethernet), and many other standards and sub-standards associated with the aforementioned features and functionality |
| Compatibility || The HP Z 10GbE Dual Port Module is compatible with the HP Z8 G4 and Z6 G4 Workstations. Additional support for other platforms is not possible due to the proprietary interface |
| Dimensions || 0.9 x 3.0 x 2.8" / 2.2 x 7.6 x 7.0 cm |
| Weight || Not specified by manufacturer |
| Package Weight || 0.215 lb |
| Box Dimensions (LxWxH) || 9.2 x 5.75 x 0.95" |
Rating80% users recommend this product to others. And what about you?
This product has already been rated by 42 owners. Add your rating and experience with the product.
Ask our technicians if you have a problem with your settings,
or if anything is unclear in the user manual you have downloaded.
You can make use of our moderated discussion.
The discussion is public and helps other users of our website who may be encountering similar problems.
The discussion is empty - enter the first post
Post a new topic / query / comment:
|Request for user manual
You can’t find the operation manual you are looking for? Let us know and we will try to add the missing manual:
I’m looking for a manual / Request for manual
Current requests for instruction manuals:
PhotoStudio expressions Platinum Version 6 Manual by by Individual Software...
trackport gps vehicle tracker user manual...
MODEL NUMBER LT-58MA887
58” 4K Ultra HD/HDR SMART TV...
Boise Cascade 1970's camper pull trailer manual. 115V 30amp Model# 19SG 19357...
Coby MPCD-102 ; does this record cassette? if yes how?...
Latest contributions to the discussion:|
Name: Lan Mai
Gigastone 128GB IF-6600 i-Flash Drive
My Gigastone i-flash 6600 64GB is suddenly 'Write Protected' after being used to store pictures and videos. I tried Diskpart in Windows 10 to remove the Write Protection, but it does not work. Please advise...
Name: Jerol Morrow
Tasco TRD130T 1x30 Red Dot Reflex
What do you mean "insert link to website"?
Whose website? My e-mail address.
Your instructions are not clear...
instruction manual for TED130T
Name: Jerol Morrow
Tasco TRD130T 1x30 Red Dot Reflex
i am having difficulties downloading and printing instruction manual. as i am internet challenged, it is not clear as to what i am supposed to do. please send me a paper copy...
Gigastone storage 6600
Name: Tate Brumgard
Gigastone 128GB IF-6600 i-Flash Drive
Would like operating instructions ...
I need a user manual for the Polaroid 72" 183 cm Tripod (Model #: PLTRI72S)
Name: Paul Tunks
Polaroid 72" Tripod w 3-Way Pan
I need a user manual for the Polaroid 72" 183 cm Tripod (Model #: PLTRI72S). The box had no user manual inside and I cannot find this product on the Polaroid website. ...