User Manual for iOptron SkyGuider Pro EQ Camera Mount Click to enlarge the picture
Contents of the user manual for the iOptron SkyGuider Pro EQ Camera Mount
- Product category: Astrophotography iOptron
- Brand: iOptron
- Description and content of package
- Technical information and basic settings
- Frequently asked questions – FAQ
- Troubleshooting (does not switch on, does not respond, error message, what do I do if...)
- Authorized service for iOptron Astrophotography
User manual for the iOptron SkyGuider Pro EQ Camera Mount contain basic instructions
that need to be followed during installation and operation.
Before starting your appliance, the user manual should be read through carefully.
Follow all the safety instructions and warnings, and be guided by the given recommendations.
User manual is an integral part of any iOptron product,
and if it is sold or transferred, they should be handed over jointly with the product.
Following the instructions for use is an essential prerequisite for protecting
health and property during use, as well as recognition of liability on the part of the manufacturer
for possible defects should you make a warranty claim. Download an official iOptron user manual in which you will find instructions on how to install, use, maintain and service your product.
And do not forget – unsuitable use of a iOptron product will considerably shorten its lifespan!
Product description Building on the success of their previous systems, the iOptron SkyGuider Pro EQ Camera Mount increases the precision and payload capacity while reducing the form factor to produce an imaging support system to track celestial bodies and capture images of the sun and moon, or for wide-field astrophotography star-scapes shooting techniques. This versatile tracking system can be configured in multiple ways including single or double-camera mounting, or even mounting smaller telescope optical tubes.The system functions as an equatorial mount, with a Right Ascension (RA) tracking motor to compensate for the apparent movement of celestial objects across the sky. An integrated polar axis alignment scope aids in accurate set up to improve tracking accuracy for long-exposure photography. A Declination mounting bracket allows the use of the counterweight kit to balance heavier imaging rigs, and limit vibration and strain on the motor and gears — or for double-mounting cameras, or OTAs. The tracking head runs on a factory-installed rechargeable battery with a 20-hour runtime. iOptron offers the SkyGuider here with just the tracking head and alt-az base for users with a reliable support system. The tracking head can be mounted on a tripod by itself using a conventional 1/4"-20 photo ball-head, or the head/base can be mounted together on most astronomical, photo, video, or field tripod using the 3/8"-16 or 1/4"-20 mount on the bottom of the base.
- Tracking Head
- 11-pound max payload capacity when properly balanced
- Tracking rates: Solar, Lunar, Celestial, and Half-celestial (for sky-scape photography)
- 144x forward/reverse fast slew speed helps to find and frame shots
- Integrated AutoAlign illuminated polar axis scope allows for precise alignment to improve tracking accuracy; 6° field of view for easier alignment; adjustable illumination intensity
- Counterweight shaft and 3-pound weight are included to properly balance heavier cameras and lenses
- Ports: ST-4 Autoguider; Shutter release; Micro-USB charging; Optional Go2Nova hand controller
- Runs on one internal rechargeable LiPo battery; up to 20-hour runtime
- Mounts to alt-az base via Vixen-style dovetail
- 1/4"-20 socket enables mounting to a photo, video, field tripod using an optional ball-head
Motor and Gears:
- Right Ascension DC servo provides smooth tracking with limited vibration, and optical encoder improves tracking accuracy
- Right Ascension clutch disk enables manual movement
- 35mm steel Right Ascension shaft
- 88mm, 144-tooth aluminum alloy worm wheel
- 15.2mm, brass worm gear
- Four-piece roller bearing provides smooth movement with reduced vibration
- Alt-Az Base
- Vixen-style dovetail saddle accepts the tracking head without tools for attachment
- -30° to 65° latitude adjustment range
- ±5° azimuth adjustment range
- "Bull's eye" bubble level
- 3/8"-16 and 1/4"20 socket for attachment onto most astronomical, photo, video, or field tripods
In the Box iOptron SkyGuider Pro EQ Camera Mount Alt-Az Base Padded Carrying Bag Counterweight Shaft 3-pound Counterweight Vixen-Style Dovetail Saddle Declination Mounting Bracket Micro-USB Battery Charging Cable Limited 1-Year Warranty Limited 90-Day Warranty on Battery User Manual PDF 1.7mbtcsqqxbfwqyrsc Table of Contents
- Camera Attachment
- 3/8"-16 camera mounting block to mounts camera directly onto tracking head or dual-mount on Declination bracket
- Mount a camera onto head using a ball-head for smaller cameras
- Use included Declination bracket for heavier rigs with included counterweight assembly, for dual-camera mounting, or smaller telescope OTAs
- Dual camera mount payload of 11-pound + 7.7-pounds
Upload User Manual
Have you got an user manual for the iOptron SkyGuider Pro EQ Camera Mount in electronic form? Please send it to us and help us expand our library of instruction manuals.
Thank you, too, on behalf of other users.
To upload the product manual, we first need to check and make sure you are not a robot. After that, your "Submit Link" or "Upload File" will appear.
iOptron 3550 Specs
| Payload Capacity || 11.0 lb / 5.0 kg |
| Motor Drive || DC servo with optical encoder |
| Polar Axis Scope || AutoAlign dark field illuminated, installed |
| GoTo System || None |
| Mount || Head to base: Vixen-style dovetail plate |
Base to tripod: 3/8"-16 socket
| Counterweight || 3.0 lb / 1.4 kg |
| Battery || Internal rechargeable Li-Poly, 3.7V, 2000mAh battery |
| Runtime || 20 h, max at 68°F / 20°C |
| Charge Time || 80% in 5 h |
| Operating Temperature || 14 to 104°F / -10 to 40°C |
| Dimensions || 5.2 x 4.5 x 3.7" / 13.3 x 11.5 x 9.5 cm, without alt-az base |
| Weight || 2.2 lb / 1.0 kg, with battery |
3.2 lb / 1.5 kg, with battery and alt-az base
| Package Weight || 10.09 lb |
| Box Dimensions (LxWxH) || 12.6 x 11.5 x 5.85" |
Rating94% users recommend this product to others. And what about you?
This product has already been rated by 65 owners. Add your rating and experience with the product.
Ask our technicians if you have a problem with your settings,
or if anything is unclear in the user manual you have downloaded.
You can make use of our moderated discussion.
The discussion is public and helps other users of our website who may be encountering similar problems.
The discussion is empty - enter the first post
Post a new topic / query / comment:
|Request for user manual
You can’t find the operation manual you are looking for? Let us know and we will try to add the missing manual:
I’m looking for a manual / Request for manual
Current requests for instruction manuals:
Puissant digital camera binoculars...
Cyberpowerpc Model C series ET 8830-1084...
Polaroid Blue speaker manual for BTS10W...
LG SL8YG 440W 3.1.2-Channel Soundbar System...
BOOST↑CHARGE™ Power Bank F7...